Volcanomania at Kings Dominion

Post your trip reports here!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Volcanomania at Kings Dominion

Post by Jonathan »

For all 78 pictures from this day, including high-res versions, go to http://www.jonathanhawkins.net/photos/t ... ?album=108 Feel free to use them for the site.

Alan was excited to be on the road at 6 AM, but I can't say I was that alert. We were on our way to Kings Dominion for the Coaster Zombies' Volcanomania event.

Nothing like some greasy McDonalds biscuits to get you ready for ERT on Volcano.

There were 93 people registered for the event. As we gathered at the front of the park, the rain had yet to begin, but we were expecting it to rain all day.

Uhh.. yeah...

Volcano ERT begins! During the ERT, the rain started to come down hard.

We found an older version of Phil. If you're the guy in the picture and you happen to be seeing this, I hope you're not too freaked out.

After plenty of rides on Volcano, the park opened, and we headed over to Hypersonic XLC. Alan protested, but was outvoted.

Poor Grizzly has had more trees removed now for the construction of some stupid go-cart track. The queue through the woods is now gone; the only good news: shorter walk for re-rides!

The Flying Eagles had no wait all day, and there was a good wind going, and we had some really good snaps.

This is what the queue for Grizzly looked like all day. In fact, this is basically what every queue in the park looked like all day. Grizzly was running INSANE all day.

Lunch was in the picnic pavilion, and one of the maintanence guys from the park was on hand to answer questions and such.

After lunch we rode Avalanche, which was running really fast; I'm assuming that was due to the rain.

Why am I in line for Tomb Raider? Is this some sort of sick joke?

How can you not love the theming in this family amusement park.

"No! Please! Don't make me ride!"

"This is really going to hurt."

Let the pain begin. I've found that this ride can be quite uncomfortable for men.

Construction seemed to be progressing on The Italian Job Stunt Track Turbo Track Super High Speed Submersive Extreme roller coaster thrill ride simulator.

Over at Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion, there was a contest for the highest score. Not only did I lose that, but I became probably the first person ever to lose a poncho on the ride.

The height requirement for Taxi Jam was removed for the day so that all of the credit whores could get a ride in.

A trip to Kings Dominion would not be complete without a visit to the Treasure Cave.

I had to go on the expedition without my poncho.

Alan was sad because he had never been to the top of the Eiffel Tower before. Well cheer up Alan, you're in the elevator! It was good to be out of the rain and cold for a few moments...

But now we're back out in the elements 300 feet above the ground, and Alan nearly got blown away.

Here's the gang at the top of the tower.

The park was so dead that we even rode the Antique Cars.

"Why hello-o-o-o!"

Alan, Jessica, and Emily on the Ricochet exit ramp. I was surprised to see it running in the rain.

I joined Alan on the backwards side of Rebel Yell, while the girls went forwards.

Rebel Yell was running insane, particularly the backwards side. We had a ride on it like none before, with crazy airtime, especially on the turnaround.

Here's a cool action shot of Jessica and Emily on the carousel.

Apparently Alan didn't like the carousel, because he looks madder than hell.

This is much better than those confounded gasoline powered contraptions.

Back over at the Flying Eagles, I managed to come back with a souvenir from a tree I flew through.

We took a ride on Scooby Doo, and Alan took up an entire car with his poncho. He looked like dracula riding with his cape or something.

We decided we needed to warm up and dry off, so we headed down the road to Cracker Barrel.

After Cracker Barrel, we went back to the park, although I didn't bring the camera back in. I rode the Flying Eagles a few times, and then we camped out on Grizzly for about an hour and a half until they finally made us go home.

It was a great day at the park, and I've never seen such light crowds. Thanks to the Zombies, Susie Story, and Kings Dominion for putting on an excellent event.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

None of the pics are loading.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

It has to do with the server change. Hopefully you will be able to see them soon.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Everyone should be able to see the pics now.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

pics are now up for me

great pics, do wish i could of gone
movealongbetty
Chicken on a Hot Tin Roof

Post by movealongbetty »

radial wrote:pics are now up for me

great pics, do wish i could of gone
wait, you weren't there? then who was that guy in the yellow jacket i made out with...