Trip to DC - April 20th - 22nd

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

Unfortunately, I haven't been to DC in a few years so most names escape me. But any place along Maine St. SW/Water St. SW will be top notch for seafood.

As for Union Station the bottom floor has to be the longest food court in existance, so of course anything you could possibly imagine is down there. Of course if you dont want fast food Union Station also has numerous 'sit down' places on the upper levels.

-J (thinking of more helpful tips from my 15+ visits to DC..)
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

We have ordered the tickets for the Spy Museum. Barbara and I have also worked out a loose itinerary and researched some great, though inexpensive, food options. I will post the Itin once I have it fleshed out. It's just a framwork anyway, not set in stone by any means.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

JamminJ wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't been to DC in a few years so most names escape me. But any place along Maine St. SW/Water St. SW will be top notch for seafood.

As for Union Station the bottom floor has to be the longest food court in existance, so of course anything you could possibly imagine is down there. Of course if you dont want fast food Union Station also has numerous 'sit down' places on the upper levels.

-J (thinking of more helpful tips from my 15+ visits to DC..)
We have discovered the Seafood buffet you are referencing on Water St. Looks really good! We might have to check out Union Station, if only out of interest anyway. Thanks for the tips Jay! You should have planned to join us! :)

BTW - We should bring our MTG decks on the trip. We might be able to battle in the evenings?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

I'd rather spend the time in DC doing the things in DC not playing magic like we can at home. but some time will be available at night maybe so maybe so. or poker or something. just saying i'd rather go out and do something. i'd like to see the monuments at night. or go to some local places with some music at night
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:I'd rather spend the time in DC doing the things in DC not playing magic like we can at home. but some time will be available at night maybe so maybe so. or poker or something. just saying i'd rather go out and do something. i'd like to see the monuments at night. or go to some local places with some music at night
Actually, that is our plan exactly. We don't intend to spend time back at the hotel early either. We have purposely worked the itin out so that in the evenings we are hitting the monuments since they are open 24/7 and the museums and such are only running to 5 or 5:30. Besides, the monuments are really interesting at night lit up and make for great pictures, etc. The MTG was just a chance suggestion really, we don't expect that we would actually get a chance to play. We have worked out a great schedule, (not set in stone), that should allow us to make maximum use of our time and see alot.

The weather appears to be cooperating as well. We'll need jackets at night but not too much.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Turns out I won't be going out of town this weekend after all. I should have made plans to go to DC.

Ah well, hindsight. I'll still be really busy anyway.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

i'm sure no one would object to you joining in
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

We will be leaving tomorrow morning at 5am sharp. That means you need to be at the house no later than 4:45am. EEEEEKKKK!

I will post the itin tonight.

Be sure to bring swimming trunks (possible pool time) and a light jacket, if not a sweater, just to be prepared.

sorry you won't be joining us Jon. :( But, as Phil said, you more than welcome to meet up with us at any point in the journey. :)
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

ya ya ya i'll have to get up at like 3:30 or something at least i can sleep some on the way up maybe
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

http://flickr.com/photos/radialmonster/ ... 90/detail/

Day 1 pictures are up!

Yes, theres 2 more days worth to go
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »