Trip to DC - April 20th - 22nd

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

So, do we have any definites for the DC trip? Wes, Dave, Jon? Any of you guys still planning to be up there during some part of the 20th or 21st? We can start to get some plans together on places and times to meet either in DC proper or in Alexandria? (That's where we plan to stay). Is anyone needing a hotel besides John, Barbara, Me and Phil?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

It's highly doubtful for me now. I might be in Myrtle Beach that weekend.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

At this point I'm going to say no for myself as well.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

We will be booking the rooms tonight. Barbara and I will go ahead and order tickets for the holocaust museum as well.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Johnny came by last night and we got the hotel rooms booked for DC.

CLICK HERE FOR HOTEL INFO

We got the great rate under John's discount too! :)

Next step will be Barbara and I ordering the Holocaust Museum tickets and preparing a loose itinerary.
movealongbetty
Chicken on a Hot Tin Roof

Post by movealongbetty »

If you have time go the the Spy museum. It cost but is my favorite in the city!! And Jaleo (a Spanish tapas restaurant near the spy museum on 7th & F) is a really good place to eat (can get $$$ though). Just some ideas.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah I've heard that spy museum is awesomefied.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

Does anybody know the secret passcode to get into that spy museum? I don't see it on the map anywhere...

Hate you wont be around Jessica as we'll all be right there. Or right where you were anyway. Maybe we can plan to hit up Kings Dominion.

So how much are the rooms?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:Does anybody know the secret passcode to get into that spy museum? I don't see it on the map anywhere...

Hate you wont be around Jessica as we'll all be right there. Or right where you were anyway. Maybe we can plan to hit up Kings Dominion.

So how much are the rooms?
I'll have Johnny send you an e-mail with the cost breakdown. It's quite inexpensive. You'll be happy. :)
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I've made some inquiries for our trip and here is some information:

I contacted the hotel and they indicated their will be no problem with us attempting to check-in early Friday morning. If our rooms are not ready at that time, we can still park and head into DC then return to check-in later in the day/evening.

I spoke with a rep at the Holocaust Museum and she indicated that their isn't any limit on the amount of tickets they issue for military, reservists, etc. and John can get up to 10 tickets on the spot so we won't have to order them ahead.

We will look into ordering our Metro passes for Friday so that we will have them when we arrive. It's no big deal to get them at the stations but it just one more thing we can have done ahead of time to simplify everything. A one-day unlimited pass is $6.50

SUGGESTION - What does everyone think of leaving Thursday night and driving a couple of hours and getting a dirt cheap hotel for the night? This would avoid us having to get up quite so early on Friday morning. I can check out the possible locations and rates we can get through John.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

i dont mind leaving thursday night if we can get it super cheap. can we all room together?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:i dont mind leaving thursday night if we can get it super cheap. can we all room together?
No, that won't be happening. Barbara and I will need a room of our own. ;)
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

i dont want to have to think about that...
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

You guys have fun. DC is an amazing city, I could probably spend a month there and never get bored. Make sure to check out the waterfront for some top notch fresh seafood and Union Station for pretty much anything else you could crave.

EDIT: TPR is going to be at Six Flags America on that Saturday.. you guys should meet up. :P
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

JamminJ wrote:You guys have fun. DC is an amazing city, I could probably spend a month there and never get bored. Make sure to check out the waterfront for some top notch fresh seafood and Union Station for pretty much anything else you could crave.

EDIT: TPR is going to be at Six Flags America on that Saturday.. you guys should meet up. :P
Thanks Jay. Do you have any particular recommendations on the seafood and/or Union Station area?

We would love to meet up with TPR but we are not going to have the time on this trip. SFA just cannot be worked into the schedule with so much to see and do in DC.