Coastermania and CoasterEXT?

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Coastermania and CoasterEXT?

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.skybus.com/

Skybus has launched servicing 10 airports in the country, one of which happens to be the Greensboro airport. From Greensboro you can fly to Columbus, Ohio for $10. Columbus is the only place you can fly to from Greensboro for now, but from there you can fly to 8 airports. (same fare.. $10).

Combine this with the fact that Coastermania is completely free with a Maxx pass, and I think I may have plans for June 15

What's the catch? Not much really. Most importantly, checked luggage costs money. It's $5 for the first bag you check, $5 for the second, and then $50 each for anymore. Carry on is free.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

hmmm i have a maxx pass...
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Okay. I am starting to seriously consider making these events. Let's get some dialog going on how we can plan this.

One idea I have is that Barbara and I could travel up to her parents on the Thursday night and I could hit the events on Friday and Saturday. I would presume that we could stay somewhere on Friday and Saturday night then I could return to the In-Laws on Sunday. We are actually going to be at her parents the weekend before for her sister's wedding so we might just take the week and I would be up there anyway.

Of course, the other idea is to fly up, rent a car and hit both events. Then fly back on Monday.

Driving up on Thursday is always an option if the flight thing didn't work out. After all, if we rent a car, we would have to get a decent price or we might as well drive ourselves (vs fly and car rental).
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Well, the Skybus flights have already sold all the really cheap seats, so I won't be going that route.

Not sure if I can do this or not. It may come down to either this or New York City/Knoebels/Great Adventure.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

I stole this from a guy on a mailing list I'm on, prob already know this:

Just a heads up for people on this list who might be taking a flight soon or later this year. There is a new airlines now running with cheap fares – and I mean CHEAP FARES. I just found a fare for my wife to travel to Los Angeles to visit her mother and the cost is $10 each way from Ohio to Los Angeles! Yes, that’s a real fare. Now, I have to get her from Kansas to Ohio to catch that flight but they have a fare from Kansas City to Columbus Ohio that is also $10. So, that’s a total of $40 for round trip from Kansas City to Los Angeles.

Is there a catch. Yep! There is. They don’t fly to that many cities and you have to get from where you are to their single hub in Columbus Ohio. But, if they fly into a city near you, you can catch a flight from there to Columbus and then to where you want to go. Yes again, it is a longer trip but for the price, who’s going to gripe. And the next deal is that as the planes fill up the and departure gets close, the price gets higher (although it never gets as high as the other carriers). It’s a very strange deal but it works out really well if you have time to plan way in advance. It will get harder to get the really cheap flights as people find out about this airline but they just started operating, and its till possible to get really cheap seats even for flights in the not too distant future.

Anyway, just wanted to put out a heads up for anyone who might be traveling and who might be able to take advantage of them. The seats are limited and so are the areas they service right now but if it works for you, you could end up traveling cheap. I just checked out the tickets for my wife on their website at http://www.skybus.com and no, I don’t work for them, have any of their stock (if there is any), just wanted to give out the info.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

They have 10 seats at each price level

Once the 10 $10 seats are gone it goes up to $20. Then once those 10 are gone, it goes up to $30. And on and on until the plane is filled.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Maverick has been delayed until "early June" to replace portions of track because apparently Intamin still hasn't hired any competent engineers. The media preview was supposed to be Thursday.

Definitely not worth the risk IMO to go to Coastermania with there being a chance the ride won't even be ready.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Maverick has been delayed until "early June" to replace portions of track because apparently Intamin still hasn't hired any competent engineers. The media preview was supposed to be Thursday.

Definitely not worth the risk IMO to go to Coastermania with there being a chance the ride won't even be ready.
But isn't there some other coasters that are worth the trip? :?
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

I was sitting here packing for the coming week. Going to be on the road for the next few weeks. I just wanted to hope you trip goes well Wes.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Crap I never saw this thread until now.

Oh well, wish I'd have known about this earlier. lol

I had a blast though. Just hate driving that much.

BTW, I heard from someone at EXT that Wolfbobs DERAILED that morning. Glad i got the credit on Wednesday. lol
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

That's correct

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

This is so f^%#ing sad :x
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

ahahahaha
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

That looks like the black train that was sitting on the transfer on Wednesday.

Good thing I got on the silver train.
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

Since it broke I didn't get my credit when I was there on Monday :(
AKA the bearded dude