Ghost Town event! G3 on 9/9 2007

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

Dave! We will miss you.

But on another note...their drop tower has a chain lift...yeah, crazy, but it's great. And their swings scare the crap out of me. Its not like the new YoYos, but these older ones that tilt and cause your seat to fell like you are going to fall out backwards, and then forwards...love it.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Chair swings are one of my favorite rides but those things swinging out over the mountainside look like they will scare the hell out of me. :shock:
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I for one can't wait for the gunslinger. 8)

Scary part is I saw it when it was in pieces back in April. lol :shock:
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

With my luck with parks this year, Wes might be onto something here. Not really had great luck with park at all in 2007.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Don't forget to send your flyer in by the 15th!
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

Jonathan wrote:Don't forget to send your flyer in by the 15th!
Yeah! That is next Wednesday. The PR guy has promised me some new pics of the trains...hopefully. They are also re-themeing (or rather themeing) the station to fit in with the western look of the Heritage area.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Well, though I will definitely be at C3, I'm fairly certain that I won't be able to make any event on the 9th. I've got some other things going on that day.

Phil, you should get with John and Jonathan so that you guys can get your travel plans arranged from Charlotte on to GT.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I will not be going. I just have no desire to get up at 5:30 in the morning the day after C3.

I'll hit GT another time.
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

Sorry to hear that! We are leaving night ERT at Carowinds early to head down to Maggie Valley. So I guess Jonathan and Jay are the only one's represeting Whootah? :)

Holla
Tommy
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

I just got put on a new project at work so I can't take that Monday off after C3 and G3 like I had planned:( You all have fun.
AKA the bearded dude
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

tomizzle wrote:Sorry to hear that! We are leaving night ERT at Carowinds early to head down to Maggie Valley. So I guess Jonathan and Jay are the only one's represeting Whootah? :)

Holla
Tommy
Unfortunately, it looks like it will only be Jonathan and Jay maybe Phil. We will still be at C3 regardless so we'll see you there.

It's too bad really. I grew up near GT and even had my "senior night" there back during high school. :lol:
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

If something happens in the next few weeks, and any of you change your mind or whatever, just let me know. I will pay for a few extra anyway just incase, and this way no one will be left out that wants to go. Just email me Frighten1@aol.com and we can settle up at the Carowinds event.

Holla back!
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

tomizzle wrote:If something happens in the next few weeks, and any of you change your mind or whatever, just let me know. I will pay for a few extra anyway just incase, and this way no one will be left out that wants to go. Just email me Frighten1@aol.com and we can settle up at the Carowinds event.

Holla back!
Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully, some more of us will be able to go. Thanks!
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

Don't hate. Shirley from Laverne and Shirley is going to be at Ghost Town during the G3 event. She wants to take photos with us I am sure.