Rock 'N' Roll Revival Tour

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Rock 'N' Roll Revival Tour

Post by coasterdave »

Have decided to head down to the RBC on feb. 22nd to see the one of the stops in the Rock 'N' Roll Revival tour. Show starts at 8pm with the doors opening at 7pm. Reverend Run and other special guest will be on hand along with the American Bad A** himself. I hear there will no pyros and no strippers on stage for this tour.

If not interested in going than I am always up for some food get together. And yes I will be there since I already bought a ticket since I have access to the pre sale.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Rock 'N' Roll Revival Tour

Post by AMartin777 »

I don't see why we couldn't meet up for dinner (or lunch). What time do you plan to be up this way?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

There may not be strippers or pyrotechnics at that show, but there most definitely will be at the Down By Avalon show the day before.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Our pyrotechnics consist of people lighting ciggarettes. :)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

W o w. The Cave looked so small on the DVD.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

As it stands now, I should be down to do lunch or supper. The doors open at 7 that night. If we decided to do supper or lunch then I will probably head off to the movies either before we eat or after we eat for it just depends on what we agree to meet . Yea I know it is hard to think I would drive that far to go to the movies while I wait, but I did after all go to the movies only 58 times in 2007.

As it gets closer, we can fine tune this.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Just a reminder that I will be in town this coming friday for the show. I know Jon is up for a meet up and wondering who else will be around for lunch or whenever is best for anyone.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Enjoyed having dinner with Jon, Alan, and Barb Friday evening at Hard Times. And yes for anyone that was wondering, I was there in person. I will say that It took me five and ahalf hours to get home due to the fog. Want to thank Jon for letting me know about that secret parking area and yes my truck was there after the show.

Will say that there was a first at this Kid Rock Show, there was a gospel song that was sung by Reverand Run and Bobby Richie. Never thought I would have ever heard that at a Kid Rock show. Now have only five more days to wait t ill the next one. I did listen to this group from down state on the way home that sounded pretty dang good.

Maybe it will not be to damn long before I will be back down state. I hear that AC/DC will be dropping in towards the fall downstate.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

coasterdave wrote:Enjoyed having dinner with Jon, Alan, and Barb Friday evening at Hard Times. And yes for anyone that was wondering, I was there in person. I will say that It took me five and ahalf hours to get home due to the fog. Want to thank Jon for letting me know about that secret parking area and yes my truck was there after the show.

Will say that there was a first at this Kid Rock Show, there was a gospel song that was sung by Reverand Run and Bobby Richie. Never thought I would have ever heard that at a Kid Rock show. Now have only five more days to wait t ill the next one. I did listen to this group from down state on the way home that sounded pretty dang good.

Maybe it will not be to damn long before I will be back down state. I hear that AC/DC will be dropping in towards the fall downstate.
Dinner was great Dave, thanks very much for that! Like I said, don't be a stranger. Maybe we can meet up around Charlotte way sometime and hit something interesting down there (other than Carocash.. opps I mean, Carowinds). Glad to hear the concert went well.

Hope you enjoy yourself at the "West Coast Bash". It should be interesting ;) Barbara and I plan to get on the Disney planning soon so I'll let you know when we get that done.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I didn't know Raleigh had a Hard Times!

Charlotte had one for about a year, and like anything good here it closed. :?

Maybe we can do a Canes game sometime and visit Hard Times. I see it's not too far from RBC. 8)
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:I didn't know Raleigh had a Hard Times!

Charlotte had one for about a year, and like anything good here it closed. :?

Maybe we can do a Canes game sometime and visit Hard Times. I see it's not too far from RBC. 8)
You are correct. It is not far. I would like to hit another Canes game soon.

PS - We are gonna be in Kannapolis this weekend visiting with Mike and Sue. Maybe you can hook up with us for dinner on Saturday evening?
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

I would drive down myself but will be in Greenville for another Kid Rock Show there at the Bi-Lo Center.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Have to make this comment after another Great show I attended. I was driving in to the Bi Lo Center and there was protesters outside the Venue. I was like what in the heck or they whining about. It seems a local church turned out in force to protest the title of Kid Rock's New Album title, 'Rock N Roll Jesus'. Not sure what church it was and everyone is entitles to their own views and beliefs, but when someone stops me and asked me if I am going to the show and I say yes. I sure in the heck do not want them telling me I am a sinner and if I pretake in this devil's show than I will have a one way ticket to hell. Well those of you that know me can only imagine what I was about to say.

I just said for him to be at Hell's Gate when I come rolling up in my Bently with Kid Rock's 'Devil Without A Cause' blaring loud since I want him to hold the gate for me as I arrive. Guy's jaw just about hit the ground when I said that. I think he was speechless or getting ready to wack me with his sign he had. I just keep on walking since I figured that was pretty bad comment I had, but it was really stupid of him to say I was going to hell. He does not even know that if I go there then I am taking over the joint. I mean get real man.

Ok enough venting but I did enjoy my 13th Bobby Richie show to date.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Well, Dave, I'm sure it's not surprise to you when I say that lots of people spend their lives trying to decide what is best for everyone else and fail miserably. These type of people are a joke. They live vicariously through their religion, just as some do through drugs or drink or whatever else.

If those people were capable of funneling the same energy they waste trying to "save everyone's soul" into saving people dying from aids or people who have nothing to eat tonight, the world could be a much better place.

"People will always be tempted to wipe their feet on anything with WELCOME written on it" - Andy Partridge