Graduation

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Graduation

Post by RW&SBGuy »

Here is information on my graduation this Saturday

John, You are welcome to attend.

--- On Mon, 6/2/08, Ashley Williams <Ashley.Williams@phoenix.edu> wrote:

Subject: University of Phoenix: Raleigh Commencement Ceremony
To:
Date: Monday, June 2, 2008, 3:51 PM

University of Phoenix , Raleigh Campus
Commencement Ceremony

Hello Graduating Student!

You have completed registration for the Raleigh Commencement 2008. The following are a few items for your interest.

Regalia - If you have not already ordered your regalia, now is the time to do so. It may take up to 2 weeks to receive your order, so please do not delay. Order details are below in the frequently asked questions section.

Student Speaker - If you are interested, you still have time to be considered for Student Speaker at the ceremony. To apply, submit your speech by clicking reply to this e-mail. The deadline is Friday, June 13th.

Faculty of the Year - Do not forget to nominate a member of the faculty to be recognized at commencement. Please submit your nomination by clicking reply to this e-mail.

Ceremony Seating – In order for us to accommodate seating for all guests, some students will be seated on the stage during the ceremony. Doctoral and Masters students will be on stage. Bachelors and Associate students will be in front rows in auditorium.

Frequently Asked Questions
The following will provide additional information on the Raleigh Campus 2008 Commencement Ceremony.

When and where is graduation held?

The commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 28, 2008, at 11a.m. at the Progress Energy Center for Performing Arts – Meymandi Concert Hall ( 2 East South Street , Raleigh , NC. 27601 919-857-4514).

Where do I park?

Parking is available at prevailing rates in parking lots and towers surrounding the Progress Energy Center .

What time do I arrive?

Please arrive at 9 a.m. Instructions will be provided during this time regarding the procedure for the ceremony.

Where do I purchase my cap and gown (regalia)?

Your cap and gown can be ordered from the Herff Jones website http://www.herffjones.com/college/uop/ through June 13, 2008, Caps and gowns will be shipped directly to your home and arrive pre-packaged. Therefore, it is suggested to inspect the contents a week prior to the ceremony. It is also suggested to iron the gown before arriving to the ceremony.

Where do I get announcements, invitations, and class rings?

Announcements, invitations, and class rings can be ordered from the Herff Jones website, listed above.

Where do I go the day of graduation?

When you arrive, you will be directed to the specific area. Each graduate will need to sign in. You will be handed a “Name Card”. This card will be used to announce your name on stage. Keep it with you throughout the ceremony. You are not required to line up in any certain order, but you must be lined up according to degree program. This will assist University personnel in seating you. Once the processional has begun just follow the person in front of you and watch the University staff for instructions.

Where do my guests go the day of graduation?

Doors to the Meymandi Concert Hall open for general seating one hour prior to the start of the ceremony - -10a.m.

What should I do with my valuables?

Please leave all valuables (purses, wallets, jackets, etc.) with your family. There is NOT a secure place in the Student Staging Area for your valuables during the ceremony.

When do I receive my program?

Programs will be placed on your seat for your convenience. Additional programs will be handed out to guests.

Will there be photo opportunities?

A professional photography firm, Commencement Photos, Inc., will be at the ceremony to take pictures as you receive your degree on stage. Candid photos will be taken before and after the ceremony.

How should I wear my tassel?

Tassels are worn on the right at the beginning of the ceremony. They are then switched to the left side during the ceremony when all graduates stand and are conferred their degrees.

Can children attend the ceremony?

Children are welcome to attend the ceremony. However, because the ceremony can be long, children may get restless. It is requested that someone be available to take a child who is crying or being disruptive out of the auditorium. This will allow everyone to enjoy the ceremony.

How will I find my friends and family after the ceremony?

After the ceremony, please plan to meet your guests outside of the Concert Hall. Designate a location with them before entering the center to avoid searching for them in a large crowd.

The staff of the University of Phoenix , Raleigh Campus

Congratulates you and we look forward to this special occasion

The Raleigh Convention and Conference Center Complex is located in downtown Raleigh , North Carolina , between Salisbury and Wilmington streets, 5 blocks south of the State Capitol. Parking is available at several lots around the Convention Center.

From I-40 / South Raleigh
From I-40 take exit 298-B. Turn right on South Saunders St . Go 1.5 miles north on S. Saunders St. Turn right onto South St . Go 2 blocks. Memorial Auditorium is on the right. Raleigh Convention Center is on the left.

From US-1 / Capital Blvd. / North Raleigh
Take US-1 South into Raleigh . US-1 becomes Capital Blvd. Stay on Capital Blvd. , crossing over I-440 (the Beltline). After you cross I-440 go another 3.4 miles south. Capital Blvd. becomes Dawson St . Go 10 blocks south on Dawson St. (0.8 miles). Turn left onto South St . Go 3 blocks on South St. Memorial Auditorium is on the right. Raleigh Convention Center is on the left.

From US-70 / Glenwood Ave. / Northwest Raleigh
From Glenwood Avenue / US-70, follow the US-70 E. signs toward downtown Raleigh . US-70 travels along Glenwood Avenue , turns onto Wade Avenue , then exits onto Capital Blvd. heading south. Capital Blvd. becomes Dawson St . Go 10 blocks south on Dawson St. (0.8 miles). Turn left onto South St . Go 3 blocks on South St. Memorial Auditorium is on the right. Raleigh Convention Center is on the left.

From US-64 / New Bern Ave. / Northeast Raleigh
Take US-64 W. toward Raleigh . US-64 becomes New Bern Ave. Follow New Bern Ave., crossing over I-440. After you cross I-440 go another 2.5 miles west. New Bern Ave. then becomes Edenton St . Go 1 mile on Edenton St. and turn left at the State Capitol onto Salisbury St . The Convention Center is 5 blocks on the left, and Memorial Auditorium is 7 blocks on the left.

Ashley Williams, Student Services Coordinator

University of Phoenix | Raleigh Campus

Student Services | 5511 Capital Center Drive | Suite 390 | DA-B101 | Raleigh , NC 27606

phone: 919.854.6848 | fax: 602.333.3493 | email: Ashley.Williams@phoenix.edu