Special Xmas Wishes for you all

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Special Xmas Wishes for you all

Post by AMartin777 »

In this wonderful time of the year with it's beautiful lights, colors and smells, I want to share a very special treat with all of you:

CLICK HERE FOR PURE MAGIC!

I hope this touches your heart the same way it did mine... :?

now where is that defibrillator?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I read every single one of those Amazon reviews after you told me about it, but I didn't ever actually listen to the song.
"For six hours after the show, our switchboard was jammed with listeners calling in. They were openly weeping on the air, telling their own Christmas stories and what this song meant to them."
lol. This makes me want to become a hermit and move to some isolated area of the world where I can forget about how annoying and stupid I find most people to be. This almost makes me think that I need to bump my music thread on here with a Christmas playlist. If I can come up with enough Christmas songs that I don't hate, that is.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I like that song, but it got old after a while. I especially hate children's choirs in Christmas songs. It's ok if they are professionals (the name escapes me of the famous boys choir) but most children don't know how to sing in tune yet and I frankly don't find it very cute to listen to people sing out of tune. Call me a grinch, but there it is.

What people probably don't know is that it was released the year before (I think) on Christian radio. So by the time it hit mainstream A/C radio I was about sick of it. The same thing happened with the Bob Carlisle song "Butterfly Kisses". I was already sick of it on Christian radio, then A/C picked it up! Argh! To think he used to be a front man for a rock band. :shock:

On top of that, my choir did a musical based on the song! We had to watch this woman die twice! lol

But there wasn't a dry eye in the place.
Last edited by bgwfreak777 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

How many Lifetime/Hallmark Made-for-TV Christmas Movie clichés can you work into one song? Newsong managed to cram a cynical scrooge, a selfless innocent urchin child without enough money to make his purchase, a dying parent (cancer, no less), a random act of monetary generosity, Jesus, an sudden epiphany that transforms humbug into hosanna, and a knock at the commercialization of the holiday season, all into the most excruciatingly saccharine five minutes ever recorded. If they had somehow shoved in a lost puppy who found his way home and Santa Claus saving Christmas thanks to the goodwill of children, they would have hit every possible cheap Holiday emotional ploy. Good work, Newsong. Thanks to your efficiency, I never have to watch ABC Family again.
This song is so sappy sweet that I had to call Wilford Brimley to buy some of his diabetes medication.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Jonathan wrote:If I can come up with enough Christmas songs that I don't hate, that is.
Here here. I sing in a Christmas music/cantata at church every year, but frankly by the time we get to the performance I don't want to hear Christmas music on the radio.

I have a small collection of Christiams CDs, but there's only a handful I really listen to every year.

K104.7 in Charlotte is playing only Christmas music and it annoys the crap out of me. How many times can you play "rockin' around the Christmas tree in one day" for petes sake?

Which is why I now listen to 95.7 which is 60s/70s/80s music.
Last edited by bgwfreak777 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Cue Phil Hart
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

Cue me?

Ummm ok i'll rev it up, anyone remember these? i'll post on the main page too sometime soon

-nsfw-

http://whootah.com/files/00000022_let_it_snow.mp3
http://whootah.com/files/00000023_winter_wonderland.mp3

-nsfw-

I'm downloading the jonathan hawkins collection now. I have not heard this christmas shoe song, and by the replies, I'm so proud of myself
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

May I suggest you pick up "Merry Axemas" Volumes 1 and 2. It's a nice collection of Christmas songs with lots of guitar (thus the "Axe"), and virtually no singing.
AKA the bearded dude
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Who needs that when we've got Christmas Shoes and Grandma got runover by a reindeer to listen to??? :P
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Re: Special Xmas Wishes for you all

Post by chargercrazy »

Posts on the boards? Surely there are Bots. What is the annoying Christmas song this year?
AKA the bearded dude