TR: 4-2-06

Post your trip reports here!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

KenB
Chicken Nugget

TR: 4-2-06

Post by KenB »

Hmm, guess this really wasn't an April Fools joke....lol

Despite getting up late due to the time change, I got to the park shortly after opening. Figured I'd run into somebody, but never did - so made the rounds solo.

First up was Top Gun - got a ride up front, hopped back a few rows, got off and got a ride in the back-right corner. Man, this thing is SMOKIN'. It was good last week, but like me much preferred the warmer weather.

Usually I head for the Flyers at this point, but I figured I'd hit some of the coasters I skipped last Sunday before they got busy. BORG was next up, and the line wasn't bad yet. Luckily I got called up as a single rider and skipped almost all of it. Apparently they finally figured out the policy on glasses, and I didn't get hassled about mine this time since I had a strap. BORG ran pretty well with some nice kick in the loop, and not much rattling.

My head hadn't been bashed properly this season yet, so I headed for Vortex. I like this ride more than most do, but it was pretty bleh in the back row during my ride and was pretty bumpy.

Coasterbruh had said that the Cyclone was running B&M smooth, so I figured I should check it out. It was smoother than Vortex, not saying much :wink: Actually it was noticeably better than last year, and I could probably ride it several times without a headache now.

Got a front seater on Hurler, and it's still running great. Not quite as well as last week since they seem to have lost the can of lubricant again, leading to some squealing through turns it didn't have last week, but it's so much smoother than it has been in years all the way around - and FAST. The third turn was fun again since there was some actual speed through it, and airtime was abundant in the usual places.

Headed off to Cinnabon for some grub, and it was decent but not as good as I've had from there. Off to some flyer action, and the line for this had gotten somewhat long. Waited about 4 cycles and got a good, but not great ride. Some tubs seem hard to get going this year, although some of the usual suspects like #2 and #7 I've gotten to snap really well.

I hadn't ridden forwards T-Road yet, so headed down there. I usually like the back row on this side, but man, I thought I was riding something from Myrtle Beach - and not the John Allen ride. T-Road was running pretty fast and was delivering airtime, but that back row was brutally rough. I guess I'll try it up front, or at least off an axle seat to see if it's better - or stick to the backwards side.

I finished up the day with a back-seater on Top Gun, and it was even better than my first rides. While a few of the rides are running a bit rough, my favorite coasters (TG and Hurler) are both running about as well as I've seen in years, especially for this early in the season. And I don't have to walk as far to get on Hurler now!
Ken B