Worlds of Fun

Post your trip reports here!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Worlds of Fun

Post by Jonathan »

To see the full gallery of photos from this day (93 photos) including high-res versions, go HERE.

Wednesday morning Dave and I flew out of Charlotte and into Kansas City. The reason behind the trip was the 30 hour marathon on the Screamin' Eagle at Six Flags St. Louis, but neither of us had been to Worlds of Fun, so we couldn't resist a trip.

Our rental car ended up being a Jeep Liberty. Here is Dave and Myrtle, the third member of our party. She didn't like coasters, but was pretty good at helping us get places.

whootah Morgan hyper.

whootah B&M inverted.

Here is the entrance to the parking lot. It was 104 degrees outside with a heat index of even higher. Thankfully, the park was fairly empty.

Our first ride of the day was Spinning Dragons, the Gerstlauer mouse.

Our car really didn't spin very much at all.

Patriot was next. It was the park's new attraction for this year.

For some reason they weren't allowing anyone to ride in the front car of either train.

Patriot is essentially a Talon clone, and it's a pretty fun ride.

Hooray for being cheap.

We were amazed at how nice looking this park was. And even more amazing was the fact that there was very little concrete to be seen!

Here is Dave after our ride on ThunderHawk, which is an awesomefied top spin.

Along with having a great program, the water jets get you absolutely DRENCHED.

Sadly (I think?), Timber Wolf was closed for the entire day.

When we saw the entrance to 'Cyclone Sam's Cloudpoofer 2000', we had absolutely no clue what it was. Luckily, we gave it a try, and it turned out to be the best ride in the park. It's an awesomefied indoor Wipeout. Basically, it's like the one Six Flags New England had, except instead of doing everything wrong, it does everything right.

Exclusive shot.

We were too tall to ride the Wacky Worm. Oh well.

Detonator was probably the most intense of the 'tall' S&S towers that I've been on.

This portion of the park has clearly been Cedar Fair-ized.

Mamba is fun, but there was very little airtime aside from the first two drops. The turnaround is really cool, though.

whootah Morgan.

For some reason I had totally forgotten the park had a Boomerang. My heart sank when I saw it sticking out above the trees, but then I jumped for joy when we saw that the train had valleyed between the loop and the second lift.

Deja Vu was open, and had no wait.

25 cent cotton candy is incredible. I really hope Cedar Fair rolls this out to the Paramount parks next year (I'll be really fat, then).

More Worlds of Fun prettiness.

Hooray for Rotors.

They had a shooting gallery that used the light sensors. You can probably guess what I'm doing here.

Back to the Cloudpoofer!

You can pay $12.39 for an all you can eat buffet...

Or, you can go on the park's website and pay $29.95 for the buffet AND admission to the park. That's $7 less than the regular admission price, plus you get the meal! The only requirement is that you must have 2 or more people.

Back to Patriot.

I've heard this coaster is pretty terrible, but I really do hate to miss any wooden coaster.

Exclusive shot 2.0

Here's the dog show. Or girl show. Not sure which.

We finally escaped the insane heat of what was the hottest day I have ever spent at a park, and hit the road toward St. Louis. Now, Missourians, I must ask the question: What is the deal with your roads? We got a kick out of passing road signs like "DD" and "PP". We could only assume that people from Missouri must be illiterate, so they have to make the roads only a letter or two.

It was a good thing we didn't leave Kansas City any earlier than we did, because we were right behind this storm, which as you've probably heard, absolutely ravaged St. Louis. The area was a real mess when we got in.

Overall, Worlds of Fun is a very nice park; stunningly nice for a Cedar Fair park. The downside is that it doesn't have a standout coaster. It does have the Cloudpoofer 2000, though, and that's good enough for me.

To see the full gallery of photos from this day (93 photos) including high-res versions, go HERE.