A little trip to Carowinds

Post your trip reports here!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

A little trip to Carowinds

Post by bgwfreak777 »

So yeah, Jonathan KenB and I headed to Carowinds last night for some rides in the dark...

Unfortunatly the park has taken to Six Flags ride operations it seems.

Thunder Road, Hurler and even Top Gun all were running one train!

Top Gun even had a full queue, but yet only one train. :evil:

At least I got about 5 rides on the flyers :D and a ride on Borg :roll:
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: A little trip to Carowinds

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:So yeah, Jonathan KenB and I headed to Carowinds last night for some rides in the dark...

Unfortunatly the park has taken to Six Flags ride operations it seems.

Thunder Road, Hurler and even Top Gun all were running one train!

Top Gun even had a full queue, but yet only one train. :evil:

At least I got about 5 rides on the flyers :D and a ride on Borg :roll:
[Springs onto soapbox while grasping each lapel on coat]

I hope the single train method isn't going to become the norm at the park. As long as a coaster has the capacity demands to suport it, the other train isn't suffering from needed repairs and safety isn't somehow compromised, it is STUPID to only run the single train. Why? Residuals.

Carowinds makes a large part of it's revenue from sales of food, drinks and merchandise. People standing in line are not buying food, drinks or anything else. The sooner you move them through the line, the more time will be dedicated by the patron to moving through the other areas of the park and the more likely they are to purchase something. It's not rocket science, yet the decision to operate the parks this way continues. I simply don't understand why any business, who's princple purpose of existence is to make money, would purposely create these situations limiting their patrons ability to SPEND MONEY IN THE PARK OVER AND ABOVE THE TICKET TO GET IN THE DOOR!... It certainly isn't happening while they are stuck in the cue at TG!

[Steps down from soapbox and sits down]
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

It pisses me off too, but Top Gun actually didn't have a full queue. It was barely outside of the station. Still stupid, though.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Jonathan wrote:It pisses me off too, but Top Gun actually didn't have a full queue. It was barely outside of the station. Still stupid, though.
I guess I should have said a full station not queue, I'm just not used to the station being full except after Noon on Saturdays!
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

I think I might head to the park tomorrow night after I get back to Charlotte from Georgia. I hope I don't encounter STO (Single Train Operation).
AKA the bearded dude