Wes does Carowinds on a dead Wednesday 6/11

Post your trip reports here!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Wes does Carowinds on a dead Wednesday 6/11

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Figured I'd take the chance to use one of those $24.99 coupons today for the heck of it, since I'm not doing a big coaster trip this year, and not getting a season pass either.

It was hot, the place was empty except for a certain Vekoma, and that's pretty much all there is to say about that.

Anyway, here goes...

I have no idea why the GP are so in love with this, when there's such a better coaster across the park. And Afterburn doesn't make you rent a freakin' .75 locker either!

At least they finally painted the background. Although it reminds me of those t-shirts you get at the beach with the neon colors and your name spray painted on there with your boy/girl freind's name on it.

First ride of the day. No surprise.

I guess everyone is stuck in Nighthawk line. Better for me!

At least they did paint the tubs and put some new stickers on them and the base, which were both looking bad last year.

It's bad when your head is bigger than the Afterburn sign.

Everyone stay in Nighthawk's line! Works for me!

The meh Yo Yo. Gunslinger is so much better at Ghost Town, and has a much longer cycle too.

Welcome to the Generic Named Action Theater. Please lock your generic seat belts and watch this generic Nickelodeon Movie.

Seriously though, can we frackin' get rid of Spongebob already? Or at least open the other side with 7th Portal, which I liked???

Thunder Road of course was still under rehab. But it looks close to being done. They've replace at least 1/3 of the wood on this thing! So can I count it as 2 new credits now?

This bird didn't have shirt, shorts or shoes, so security would not let him pass.

I'm probably one of the few posters on here that actually rode the cable car ride that used to use this building as one of it's stations.

Crotch rocket was running, but I passed. I still want to have children some day.

Also passed on head bangers ball. Anyone remember that show? Talk about 80s flashback.

I'm truly amazed at the names they came up with.

Hurler shows off it's new red train/teal train look. It wasn't terrible in the front row, and actually some of the turns were pretty decent. I just don't think this will ever get back to running like it used to the first 2 years.

Al Gore would be so proud.

'Scuse me ma'am, are we at Cedar Point?

Mid-life Crisis Dora was at the park today.

OK, I can understand the queue roof was old, but couldn't you put up a new one? You took the time to buy 4 new flags and put them up!?!

Hmmm...something appears to be missing here.

Where did all you come from? Go back to Night Hawk!!!

I have the strangest feeling someone is watching me named chicken-Kinzell.

New for 2009! Sprinkler - The Ride! It's kinda funny they did this, considering we are *talking like our stupid Charlotte weather people* IN A DROUGHT!!!!

I guess they had already placed the order (notice Flight Deck instead of Afterburn) and couldn't stop it. LOL

I can't wait to see what GCI has done with Thunder Road.

As the song says: See you in September!

Thanks for reading.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Wes does Carowinds on a dead Wednesday 6/11

Post by AMartin777 »

awesomefied Pics Wes! I did not know that GCI is refurbing TR... that's awesomefied!

Actually, no... I've ridden the cable cars myself... and the monorail....and Blackbeard's revenge...and White Lightning... :mrgreen:

BTW - your dry comments on the "creative" ride names gave a good laugh.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Talking of old rides, I miss the Oaken Bucket.

Course the way it was maintained, it probably would have caused bodily harm before too long.
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

I miss the bucket too, Wes.
AKA the bearded dude