Scarowinds Oct 3rd

Post your trip reports here!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Scarowinds Oct 3rd

Post by coasterdave »

I decided after about a three years absence from Carowinds that I would go to their Halloween Event this year. i think the last time I was there it was still owned by Viacom. So since my plans are to hit atleast one park a weekend in Oct, I figured might as well. I will go ahead and say that I did not ride anything for I go to these events for the Haunts and the Scare Zones. If I want to ride then I will just go during the day, but it is great to see people jump in line for the coasters since that makes the lines for what I am there alot shorter.

So on with the pics!

A staple at any Cedar Fair Halloween Event

The Fountain of Blood

Waiting on her next victim

Dreaded Smoking Trash Cans

Back from the dead?

Have Mums, Hay, and Dead People

Fog creeping towards the maze

Image\
The Dreaded Clown Maze

Walk through the graveyard

Spiderwebs everywhere

Webs everywhere

Ghost Riders?

Cemetery Portal Entrance

An open casket

Another Graveyard

Parting shot after my brief two hour stay

Now for the skinny so to speak on my view of the who event. I thought it was not really that great of a Halloween Event. It seems the park tried to go with quantity over quality. I noticed that alot of people in the scarezones where talking in a crowd and not really trying to scare anyone at all. There was a lack of people in the houses or trails. I think there is alot of room for improvement.

Rest of the picks are located at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/coasterdav ... 22/detail/

Next up is.....
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Re: Scarowinds Oct 3rd

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Nice pics Dave. Maybe I can go out Saturday and teach this kiddies how to scare someone. :lol: PTR will follow as well as a writeup for TN.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Re: Scarowinds Oct 3rd

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Well I'm back from my night at Scarowinds and I have to say I pretty much agree with you Dave.

I was with 2 staff members through the 3 mazes we went through together, and we were all "where are the actors?"

And when there were actors, half the time they didn't do anything but stare at you.

I'll do a proper report sometime, but overall I wasn't too impressed.