Carowinds 4/6

Post your trip reports here!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Carowinds 4/6

Post by bgwfreak777 »

For the full version of these photos visit my http://travel.webshots.com/album/570860270MSSpsl

Let's see... unemployed, bored, Monday? What to do? I know, go to Carowinds!

I decided to go ahead and get a season pass this year, maybe I'll be able to see some footers popping out of the ground soon....but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I always knew I was a VIP. Why are they wearing winter clothes though? Was this a leftover image from Winterfest?

You'll have to click on the full version to read it, but the park put up a nice plaque remembering E. Pat Hall, the founder of the park. Sad he only lived 6 years after the park opened.

I see you DayGlo Hawk, I mean Nighthawk.

Well, well what is going on here?

Yes! We are getting Fence: The Ride next year!

So long to another original ride at the park. The first lift was on the left side.

I told you it was Fence: The Ride! This a prototype model though, featuring the trash can add-on!

New bannerage

Grr! I'm Nighthawk! Why are you taking pictures of dirt and not me!?!

Guy on left: You riding this? Guy on right: Are you kidding? There are other Vekomas in the park to ride!

Ahh I see now. Nighthawk was painted to match Panda Express.

Now back to dirt... look! A footer!

On to the flyers... this operator gets my vote for best in the park (so far). He was singing the Brady Bunch and all kinds of crazy stuff while we were riding. He was actually encouraging snapping too!

With the extremely gusty conditions, I got some extreme snapping going on today.

This is the kind of line I like to see on Afterburn.

Is it just me, or does it look like they are trying to make the bush look like a Texas topiary?

Happy birthday baby! You might not be waiting much longer for another B&M sibling, if rumors hold.

Delicious.

Ride On indeed. It was running like a banshee today!

Props to the park for the new banners.

Props also for putting the state flags on top of Thunder Road. Which is running great these days! I think I might have gotten some air on the SECOND hill today, not just the first!

If they keep it up, we will have a completely new coaster before long.

I don't think beer is even this expensive at a Panthers game!

Hmm.. what is that...

Nothing I guess, since it is broke again. Seems the catch car is still having problems.

Thank goodness VR GONE WILD!!! is GONE! They replaced it with a nice little shop.

Please, don't every one trample the Carolina Cobra display!

Um, is it supposed to stop there?

I think the wind (which was very gusty) was playing havock with the cables and it shut it down. But they were able to lower it down slowly in about 5 minutes.

Didn't ride Ricochet today, my internal organs are happy.

Vortex promptly broke after this photo. Another of my body parts is happy.

Springs hath sprung.

I'm selling this photo on eBay for $5,000,000 because it looks like Weird Al doing a snow angel.

Carowinds is so hood you know.

This year you can pick up your very own kid for sale at Carowinds! Angelina Jolie and Madonna will be first in line.

Ugh. Vekoma is taking over my home park! You can see all 3 in this pic.

Reptar heard me talking junk about Vekoma and came to ATTACK!

Self photo op #1 = Fail

Self photo op #2 = Fail

I'm glad they got rid of those stupid plexiglas boxes for the Thunder Road operators.

Attempt #3 = Fail And note: My head is bigger than Hurler!

Obligatory shot

That's all for now. I rode most of the coasters, Thunder Road and Hurler (at least in the front) were both running good, Afterburn was running awesomefied and the rest were at least ok. Carolina Cobra was down all day.

As far as operations, I saw an improvement in the attitude of many of the employees this year, but there were a few crews like Hurler Crew that still could step it up a notch or 5.

I'm seeing slow steady progress at the park overall as well in the appearance of the park, although when Cedar Fair removed all the Paramount stuff, it seems to have left a void in certain places like Thrill Zone.