PTR: Alabama Adventure & Six Flags Over Georgia

Post your trip reports here!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

PTR: Alabama Adventure & Six Flags Over Georgia

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Hi again to all in coasterland.

It's time again for another trip with Wes.

This weekend I joined GAP for a meet-up at Alabama Adventure. On the way home I stopped for the day at Six Flags Over Georgia.

For the video of Alabama Adventure click here:
YouTube - Alabama Adventure 2009

For all photos from Alabama Adventure visit: Alabama Adventure 2009 pictures from alabama photos on webshots

For all the photos from Six Flags Over Georgia visit: http://travel.webshots.com/album/573637 ... ost=travel

And away we go...

On the way to Alabama...
I see Geico has taken over SFOG. But that will have to wait until Sunday...

As you can see by my expert photography skills at 70mph, I finally made it to Alabama for the first time!

Cue Lynard Skynard.

I made great time until...there was this 5 mile backup that took 1 hour to get through. Ugh.

I can't put my finger on it, but this somehow reminds me of RCT.

Their Ferris wheel has spinning tubs, for those that like that sort of thing.

Uh oh, what is that I see?

I finally got to meet the famous Swoosh himself. The GAP crew decided it was time to Rampage a bit to get the day started. We see you Zoomerang. I'm getting to you.

Ford, strike a pose!

In case you're too lazy to go to rcdb.com and see Rampage's stats, here they is.

Rampage...ah what can I say? It would have jumped up into my top 10 or 15 easily, but it has two HORRENDOUS pot holes (for lack of a better word). But if you ride in the front row on blue train, you don't have that happen. Rampage is fast, intense (in a good way), lots of fun laterals, and a fun confusing layout that I still didn't really know after 5 rides.

Dunno who Ken Fingered is but he must be making Ford hot.

The Coca-Cola (gotta be Coke down here) GAP Pavilion was ready for us.

If you don't know what GAP stands for, read Jonathan's green shirt.

Yeah hi Tommy.

One of Zoomerang's wheels had fallen off that morning, so they decided to give it to us as a prize.

I'm surprised Tommy isn't flexing his guns like he always is on Facebook.

Brandi: I sense a great disturbance. It's like a million roller coaster riders cried out in pain!

They have a nice looking flume, but I didn't get a chance to ride it.

Zoomerang and Rampage are both up this hill that tried to kill me. Exercise should be banned.

As Jonathan said: Even a boomerang looks pretty good up on a hill.

Zoomerang was actually ok. My second boomer didn't hurt me either. I rode Head Spin and later of course its new incarnation at Carowinds and didn't have any problems. Maybe I'm the perfect build for a Vekoma???

Kiss the sky!

One of the managers, who is also a GAPer was nice enough to take us behind the scenes for EPT (Exclusive Picture Time).

Hello commoners below.

IOA might be missing some dinos.

There's all kinds of random stuff in the bone yard.

Come on Brandi, no french kissing the dinos.

Rawr.

I'm sure this is perfectly legal.

Nothing toxic here. Wait, I feel strange. Ahhhh! I'm mutating!

Something is so not right about this pic.

Apparently the Visionland folks just liked to dump stuff up here, even if it was a minor breakage.

Guys, that ain't gonna work.

Oooo. I look hot.

Trying to be artsy.

Yummy.

Inferior red train goes by.

Too bad you can't normally come up here. I got some nice shots.

Brandi wins!

GAP events are anything but your typical coaster events. They are relaxed, more about hanging out than riding, but they usually involve ERT (and EPT sometimes), and all about having fun. Many of the GAPers aren't even what I'd call coaster enthusiasts. I highly recommend checking them out, or at least checking out their site.

More to come!!!
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Re: PTR: Alabama Adventure & Six Flags Over Georgia

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Part Duex

Rampage is too good not to give another look at.

Look what I found! I'm so going pink. I mean, I'm secure in my masculinity!

Yes, I rode it. It was actually one of the better ones I've been on. Carowinds version comes to a screeching halt this one doesn't.

Reminds me of that little stage Hugh Grant sings on in Music & Lyrics. Hey! I like Drew! I can watch a chick flick. *looks in closet* Oh crap, I own it! Moving on...

The Dippin Dots gal told Jarsh...

I miss Carowinds swings. :(

whootah. Her career has hit rock bottom, she's doing theme parks now.

How many Coke signs can YOU spot?

I like their little Six Flags America entrance.

Man, I wish I'd bought this! Their shops are so sparse, I really felt kinda bad for the place.

Cue: Kool & The Gang

This is where all the magic happens.

Coke sponsor? Check.

I have actually gotten brave enough to ride these, and I waited too long! They for some strange reason close it at 7:00.

Yummy Enterprise.

Rampage jumps in.

You're missing a few lights there. Just a few.

My brother freaked out on one of these as a kid. OK, well it was a forward style Ferris wheel (kiddie) but the same size.

Time for ERT!

Jonathan approves.

I didn't censor this. Swoosh is just so fast I can't photograph him.

GAPers. Yeah, hi.

PTR: Serious Business.

That's about it for AA, SFOG is up next.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Part Trois (My French is totally gone from my brain, I had to find the spelling!)

Six Flags Over Georgia

OK, well this park pick is pretty obvious. On the way to Alabama, you drive right past SFOG (for me at least).

I got to the park and it was a gorgeous day (for ATL in July anyway). So what did all of ATL decide to do? Go to Six Flags of course! It was Sunday, but it was totally crowded most of the day and almost every coaster was 45 minutes to 1 hour+ wait. I'm so used to doing parks like Carowinds where you hardly have a 30 minute wait. But I was patient and had a good time, by myself no less. Racer from ThrillNetowrk normally would have probably be able to join me, but no dice. Anyway away with SFOG.

For video of Monster Mansion visit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ36xXLK_Nk

Did I mention it was crowded? I'm so glad I bought online!

With the crowds already so early, guess where I went first? No, not Goliath! To Goliath's ripoff lockers! SFOG has gone all Cedar Point on us and makes you pay for lockers for no reason. Grrr..

But it was worth it for this.

As opposed to giving you my lunch, I give you what is left over. Try and guess what I had. LOL

Monster Mansion (check out my video above) had a 50 minute wait! Ugh. I loved this ride, so I waited for it and wasn't disappointed with the "monster makeover". The swamp was especially better in my opinion. The video doesn't do it justice.

Watch out. Shapiro is taking your pic.

Reminds me of one of the towers at Biltmore House.

What if there is no light at the end of the tunnel?

TOTAL NERD ALERT: If you are afraid of Nerd Alert's, skip this entry. I was going for my second try at this coaster. I was too fat last time, would I fit?

That's a yes! My two chins provide this photo for your proof. I'm up to 165 total, and except for Wild Lightnin' at Lake Winnie and Vekomaland South (Wild Adventure) I've gotten ALL of the adult credits in the South (and most
of the kiddie ones too)!

Goliath has lost its 50s/Alien themed queue music, for SIX FLAGS, MORE FLAGS, MORE FUN!!!! every 2 seconds. The HD TVs though are nice throughout the park.

Can you guess my next coaster?

You got it! Gum tree: The ride!

I must say the new Six Flags shirt are great for finding employees, but still very tacky.

Mind Bender is still awesomefied, even with his new ugly, super tacky, sold-out paint job.

Bonsai!

One Hour in the hot sun: The Ride? No thanks.

whootah, GAP has started recruiting young.

Super exclusive view from the Gotham City bridge.

Hey Mind Bender! I just rode you! Why you hiding? Was it something I said?

Look at its crazy footers. Me? Mind Bender? I didn't say nothing about your footers!

The railroad goes under Goliath's first drop, but Go Go wasn't cooperating with me getting a good shot.

Too little, too late baby.

From this angle, it looks like Goliath comes out of a building.

Crap! It's actually running!

Hurry up before it breaks down!

The line for Acrophobia actually wasn't too bad.

Godzilla!

Great pain is in my future.

I find it strange that I have no problem at all with these Intamin restraints, with plenty of room, but when it comes to Millie and Dragster, it's a very tight squeeze.

Hey, where is that ride at the park? Oh yeah, NEW JERSEY!

This is just depressing. Deja Vu is gone. :(

I thought it was torturing riders.

The line wasn't bad, so I figured why not get some Vekoma pain for the day.

Dunno if they refurbed the trains or not, but they seem "not as bumpy".

Even with your new looking train, you are still a mess of a coaster Ninja. Not smooth, silent and powerful like a real ninja is!

I think I can! I think I can!

More to come...be patient grasshopper or I will send Ninja after you!
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Back for the final installment of this trip report...

Such a pretty coaster...

Such a pain to ride. It's horrible, simply horrible how it runs. And the seat dividers are unmovable and unforgivable. Moving on.

Anyone know what that drainage hole is for? Is it for when the park floods?

Yeah, can I get a pepperoni with extra cheese, wings and a Pepsi? What only Coke? Clark who?

Here's the phone booth by Superman. It would be cool if you stepped in, closed the door and a Superman t appeared or something.

Does the big guy look constipated, or is just me? By the way, the line was all the way out in the park. SKIPPED.

If your kid is too lazy to pay attention to you as you walk through SFOG, then you can find them after they call their tattoo number on their iPhone.

So glad I finally got on this.

Six Flags, really? Could you be any tackier? I mean, really? Have you sold your soul yet to the devil for $5? I mean, really?

Glad to see this here, but didn't find $6 for a shake a quote: "GREAT VALUE!".

I ran across Mr. Six for the second time and this time he was playing Guitar Hero (and losing)!

I can name two wooden coasters at your park that you can recycle! GA Cyclone was the worst coaster I've been on all year, and I've been on Son of Beast this year!! I can't even go into how horrible this thing has become.

After a long day of waiting in lines, I went back to Goliath to get one more ride before departing.

B&M track everywhere you look.

Also skipped Scorcher. I'm just not the right size for these, maybe after I lose some more weight I'll see how I feel about em'. Scorcher is my favorite standup though.

See ya next time Go Go! Which after my unpleasant day in many ways, mostly due to the horrendous shape of the woodies in the park, and the fact that Deja Vu is gone I really have no plans to return to this park anytime soon. OH yeah, and the $15 parking. Rip off!

Yeah dude, I heard that yellow one goes 200 mph! I'm for real!

Geico The Batman Ride I like too, but never got back down there to see how the line was. It's sad that to really experience this park well, I have to either come to a coaster event, or buy a $200 gold Flash Pass. Ugh.

The sun sets on Batman, and the chances I'll be back any time soon. Famous last words I know.

Till next time... have a Six Flags Day!