ACE C3 at Carowinds Saturday, September 16 2006

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

I've been updating the "war room" some over on CC with the latest on C3 if you have any questions. As much as I like Hollywood Squares, its probably going to be dropped. I think two rounds of Match Game and Family Feud is going to be plenty. The only concern is to keep every thing fast paced and moving along quickly. That's one reason that I'm getting the questions ready and out to each other ahead of time. (Except for the Feud ones.)

I'll have to assemble two more teams of FF members the day of the event to face off with each other. My original intention was to have "theme" teams take on each other. (Park Officials Versus ACErs was one. Married couples/spouse versus spouse was another.) That's one reason the whole W Vs. The Gap thing came about. And its snowballed into an entity of its own it seems like. Still, I think its going to be a delight to see. And I appreciate you guys playing along.

And if Boomerang Bay had been open, we might have had the Whootah Bikini Party.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

montumax wrote:I've been updating the "war room" some over on CC with the latest on C3 if you have any questions. As much as I like Hollywood Squares, its probably going to be dropped. I think two rounds of Match Game and Family Feud is going to be plenty. The only concern is to keep every thing fast paced and moving along quickly. That's one reason that I'm getting the questions ready and out to each other ahead of time. (Except for the Feud ones.)

I'll have to assemble two more teams of FF members the day of the event to face off with each other. My original intention was to have "theme" teams take on each other. (Park Officials Versus ACErs was one. Married couples/spouse versus spouse was another.) That's one reason the whole W Vs. The Gap thing came about. And its snowballed into an entity of its own it seems like. Still, I think its going to be a delight to see. And I appreciate you guys playing along.

And if Boomerang Bay had been open, we might have had the Whootah Bikini Party.
Thanks for the info Max. Question, who IS putting together the FF questions? What do you mean by (Except for the Feud ones)? Or do you mean your not handing out the FF questions ahead (which of course you wouldn't). Whoot.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

If anyone is planning on going to C3 and does not have a season pass, send me a message. I may have a free ticket for you.
Does anyone need this?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

lisa and john did not have a season pass, so we just did the register as guest and non season pass for them.
Myself and alan has a season pass already
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

I found a website that had some previous Family Feud questions and I made up some involving Carowinds. There's going to be two rounds of FF...probably spouse vs. spouse and the Whootah/Gap one. THe FF questions will be one Carowinds related and one non Carowinds related. Kinda pop culturish type stuff.

I'll post the Match Game questions on CC (and here too) probably on Wed night/Thursday morning. The FF questions will be a surprise.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

any idea how many players per 'family'?
who wants to play from the whootah clan?
anyone opposed?
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

Teams of 5.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:any idea how many players per 'family'?
who wants to play from the whootah clan?
anyone opposed?
I guess that makes you, me, John, Jonathan and Wes?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Don't forget Jay. And I think Lisa would make a good secret weapon. Maybe we should draw straws or something?

There's also Dave but I think he is going to get plenty of chances to participate already. :)
Last edited by Jonathan on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

We'll see how it pans out Saturday. I probably will be on your team.

JD is going to be there this year and not sure if will want to play or not.
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

Why don't y'all tag team during the game? I could even give y'all Natividad as a secret weapon :)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

That would be awesomefied. She should come out in disguise or something.

Is this thing getting complicated enough for you yet?
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

I'm actually having a blast with this stuff. For some reason, I get more enthusiastic as the event gets closer. This week is more so the "week of hell" than any past event week that I've been through and I'm glad for the buzz of the event to get me going.

I think sneaking Nativiad in there would be funny. I can just see Tommy's face now. I ran some stuff by Natividad this morning that I want to do to Scott and she's like go for it. I think the whole Paramount Theatre session could be very interesting.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Don't forget Jay. And I think Lisa would make a good secret weapon. Maybe we should draw straws or something?

There's also Dave but I think he is going to get plenty of chances to participate already. :)
For some reason I was thinking that Jay wasn't going to be there. That's great to hear. We need a leader to plan our day around the park and Jay always seems to take on that role.

We could rotate people in and out of the teams that would definitely make it more fun.
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

AMartin777 wrote: We need a leader to plan our day around the park and Jay always seems to take on that role.
????????????