Carolina Hurricanes Playoff Games - RBC Center

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Carolina Hurricanes Playoff Games - RBC Center

Post by Jonathan »

http://hurricanes.com/custom/rad7FE71.asp

Saturday, April 8th, 10:00 AM

At that time, first round playoff tickets for the Hurricanes will go on sale. Alan and myself will be at Kings Dominion, so that doesn't do us much good. Chris, my roommate, intends to be in line at the box office when they go on sale at 10. I called them, and the most tickets one person can buy is 8. We are planning to attend Game 1, which will be the most difficult to get tickets to. If anyone else is interested in attending that game, let me know, and Chris can buy your tickets. We are hoping to get tickets in the upper corners, which are $31 each for Round 1. We need to come up with some backup plans in advance, though (IE: if the upper corners are sold out, or if we have to split up our group because there aren't many seats left grouped together).

My plan is to attend one game in each round that they advance to. There is no info on Round 2 tickets yet, and I'm assuming there won't be until they actually advance (if they advance, that is).

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Chris wants to have cash with him when he buys the tickets Saturday, so anyone who is interested needs to figure out what they want and get the cash to me by then. He intends to go there at 6 AM when they start handing out wristbands for places in line. I am going to get an upper corners ticket for game 1, and an upper corners ticket for game 7. It is unlikely that there will be a game 7, and if there isn't they give you your money back, but I figure if there is it's definitely something I don't want to miss, since you can't get much more exciting than that.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Big News! Due to the number of advance tickets that have been purchased as playoff strips by our season ticket holders, suite holders and corporate sponsors for the 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs, we currently have less than 3,000 tickets available on a per-game basis as we head towards the individual game on-sale date (Saturday, April 8th at 10 a.m.)!
Bad news for us. Apparently at 8 AM Saturday they are taking deposits for 06-07 season tickets and letting those people buy playoff tickets as well, so when 10 AM rolls around there may not be many tickets left at all.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

We are good to go for round 1. We are in section 308, row L for game 1 and game 7. Game 1 will be Friday, April 21, or Saturday, April 22.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Do you guys want to tailgate with us before game 1? And, if so, do you have anything that would be useful (folding table, portable grill, etc)?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Do you guys want to tailgate with us before game 1? And, if so, do you have anything that would be useful (folding table, portable grill, etc)?
Yea, we'd love to tailgate if it's on the Saturday! We have a table and some chairs we could bring as well as getting some food, a cooler, etc. We can make definite plans once we know the date. :)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Ticket strip holders got their tickets in the mail yesterday, and game 1 is listed as Friday. I don't know if that date is accurate, but it looks like we should plan on it being Friday.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I thought it was Friday, but Tripp kept saying during the game that he thinks it is going to be Saturday, so I guess we won't know for sure until the schedule is released on Wednesday.

We now have a folding table, a portable grill, and this:

I'm pretty sure we don't have a decent sized cooler, though. Also, if anyone has a white bathrobe that I could borrow, I would appreciate it.

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:
I'm pretty sure we don't have a decent sized cooler, though. Also, if anyone has a white bathrobe that I could borrow, I would appreciate it.

We've got a decent cooler and some folding chairs too. Your game table looks pretty sweet! Sorry, no white bathrobe here. Even so, how could you ever match that hair? Hopefully the schedule will work out so that the game is on Saturday!
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

ImageImage

Carolina Hurricanes (2) vs. Montreal Canadiens (7)

Game 1: Saturday, April 22nd 7:00 PM Montreal at Carolina CBC, RDS
Game 2: Monday, April 24th 7:00 PM Montreal at Carolina CBC, RDS
Game 3: Wednesday, April 26th 7:00 PM Carolina at Montreal CBC, RDS
Game 4: Friday, April 28th 7:00 PM Carolina at Montreal CBC, RDS
Game 5: Sunday, April 30th 7:30 PM Montreal at Carolina CBC, RDS
(If necessary)
Game 6: Tuesday, May 2nd 7:00 PM Carolina at Montreal CBC, RDS
(If necessary)
Game 7: Thursday, May 4th 7:00 PM Montreal at Carolina CBC, RDS
(If necessary)

Regular Season:

Carolina - 52-22-8, 112 points, 1st place, Southeast Division, 2nd place, Eastern Conference
Montreal - 42-31-9, 93 points, 3rd place, Northeast Division, 7th place, Eastern Conference

Carolina - 31-8-2 at home, 21-14-6 on the road
Montreal - 24-13-4 at home, 18-18-5 on the road

Season Series: Carolina 4-0

Who to watch for:

Alexi Kovalev, right wing, led the Canadiens in scoring with 23 goals and 42 assists

Saku Koivu, center, team captain, second in scoring with 17 goals and 45 assists

Andrei Markov, defense, leader in +/- with +12, leading defensive scorer with 10 goals and 36 assists

Cristobal Huet, goaltender, 3rd among NHL goalies with 2.14 GAA, 1st in SV% with .930, and tied for 2nd in shutouts with 7
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/image ... etails.pdf

Parking lots open at 3 PM Saturday. Lawn party at 4:30. We will be getting there when the lots open at 3 to start tailgating, and it looks like Chris is going to be able to get his parents' van with a TV in it, so we'll have the Devils/Rangers game on. The first 15,000 fans inside get rally towels and a game day card.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/image ... etails.pdf

Parking lots open at 3 PM Saturday. Lawn party at 4:30. We will be getting there when the lots open at 3 to start tailgating, and it looks like Chris is going to be able to get his parents' van with a TV in it, so we'll have the Devils/Rangers game on. The first 15,000 fans inside get rally towels and a game day card.
Sounds good. We may have to contend with some rain however. Shouldn't be too bad though. :D
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will be attending Game 2 now as well. I just bought three $31 tickets off of Ebay for $16.27!!!!
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Anyone who wants to tailgate with us Saturday is welcome, even if you aren't going to the game. You can park for free in the fairgrounds lot and walk or ride over to us in the RBC lot. Also, I may have one upper level ticket available really cheap (lower than the face value of $25). If anyone wants this (read: John), let me know sometime Friday.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Anyone who wants to tailgate with us Saturday is welcome, even if you aren't going to the game. You can park for free in the fairgrounds lot and walk or ride over to us in the RBC lot. Also, I may have one upper level ticket available really cheap (lower than the face value of $25). If anyone wants this (read: John), let me know sometime Friday.
Jon, is the ticket along with ours? (I presume not) :?