Raleigh Rebels

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Raleigh Rebels

Post by Jonathan »

"RALEIGH NC - The Raleigh Rebels of the American Indoor Football League, which is now under new ownership, is going to try to pack out the Dorton Arena Thursday by offering every ticket in the house for just $1 each! In order to gain more public awareness of the success of the team, as well as to give more people an opportunity to see a game, the rebels will be offering this one time bargain."

http://raleighrebels.com/
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

damn even i can afford a dollar
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:damn even i can afford a dollar
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You have to save that dollar for the Midwest Voyage Trip! :)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

RALEIGH NC - The Raleigh Rebels of the American Indoor Football League, which is now under new ownership, is going to try to pack out the Dorton Arena Thursday by offering every ticket in the house for just $1 each! In order to gain more public awareness of the success of the team, as well as to give more people an opportunity to see a game, the rebels will be offering this one time bargain.
O RLY?

Well clearly there is no other option. We must go see the Raleigh Rebels.

The line to buy tickets. It's going to be an exciting night of EXTREME FOOTBALL ACTION.

ONE DOLLAR? Damn I don't think I can afford this.

And so begins the ghetto-est sporting event ever. As you can see they really "packed the house".

Game on.

Check out #20. He's like.. 3 feet tall.

Here's the weird mascot dude.

Apparently everyone is encouraged to contact the head coach, as his address, phone number, and email address are on the cards they were handing out.

The ghetto-fabulous Dorton Arena is the best football venue ever.

OMG THIS IS awesomefied

There was in fact a dance team/cheerleaders kind of thing. There were like 5 girls.

The head coaches get to wander aimlessly around on the field during play.

To my dismay, they did a (really poor) dance routine to a double time version of "Beverly Hills" (don't ask).

I spent $1 to get in, and $2 on a drink.

Here's a cool action shot thing.

I just can't believe how exciting this is.

Actually, it was pretty fun. If a ball comes into the stands (and they do a lot) you get to keep it.

Here's the coach strolling about again.

Some of the team joined in on the cheerleaders' dance routine. That would get you an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in the NFL.

Touchdown! The Rebels ran away with a big win, and I ran home trying to figure out what I had just witnessed.

If you want to see the high-res pics (and I know you do) they are up at my site: http://jonathanhawkins.net/photos/thumb ... ?album=111