Last Rides at the Myrtle Beach Pavilion September 17

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Last Rides at the Myrtle Beach Pavilion September 17

Post by Jonathan »

From a post on Carowinds Connection:
Sept. 30 | final "Last Ride" Park Experience; tickets go on sale June 1 and will be required to get into the park, which will be closed to the public; limited to 4,000 tickets. Advance ticket prices for "Last Ride" are $20 for 3-6 year olds; $35 for 7 and up.
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

Alright I was thinking about this myself today, and it would appear I only have about 2 weekends free between now and the time that the Pavilion closes forevah. The one weekend I was looking at is August 18, 19, and 20th. Now Family Kingdom is closed on Saturday the 19th (private function), but is open the other 2 days, and the Pavilion and MBGrand Prix are open all 3 days.

Let me know if you guys are/aren't available that weekend, and maybe we can work something out.

BTW my other free weekend is July 8 & 9... but that doesn't sound good to me at all..
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I will be passing on this. Hope you guys have a great time. :D
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

From what I can tell the only way you can buy tickets is to physically go to the Pavilion. I may go down there the day before C3.
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

HAAAAY ALAN~!!! How was KRumbler and Voyage?
AMartin777 wrote:I will be passing on this. Hope you guys have a great time. :D
Do you mean you're passing on Pavilion period this year? Or just the Last Rides day? Jonathan and I aren't likely to go to the Last Rides day anyway.. (if even the same day at all) ..just wondering if it would be doable to get together some *OTHER* day..

LATERZ.

PS. GO HURRICANES.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

The problem I have with buying this far in advance is that we may have a hurricane coming through that time of the year.

I think I'm going to try and go another time, has anyone heard if ACE will do a day at the park?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Haven't heard anything about an ACE event. I know there were some discussions, but the September 30th thing may be the result of that. I was thinking about going down there the day before C3, but I see that they aren't open that day. I may go the day after.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Day after C3

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Max is planning an informal get together the day after C3. That means that 3 people will show up. ;)

I'm still planning on going the Saturday before C3 (the 9th) barring any hurricanes (the real ones, not the coaster). :lol:
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I am definitely going down September 17th now after C3 for the ACE thing at the Pavilion and Family Kingdom. Anyone who is coming down for C3 is welcome to join me, and I will be driving back to Raleigh either late Sunday night or early Monday morning (I'm flexible on this).
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I'm planning on being there as well. So if anyone needs a ride back to the Charlotte area you're free to join me.

I'll be driving down Sunday morning and staying the night at a Fairfield in MBeach.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Stay the night? Be a true Road Warrior and drive back that night...O wait....that is something a carzy person would do.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

hmmmmmmmmmm.... I wonder who drove 6 hours back from SFA one time. :lol:

4 hours from SFOG about killed me the other week.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Just six hours from SFA? I recall a trip with Jon that about killed us when we attended Pitch Black ERt. Think I left the house around midnight and picked jon up and headed to SFA. I think we left the park around 11 and got in the middle of a hunt for a convict that delayed us alot. Think I dropped jon off around 6am the next day and I got in around noon that day.

Nothing like the good old days, but I would not even try that again.