Chimney Rock Trip

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Anywho, I've been to the Biltmore House a few times before, and I'll be f***ed if I'm gonna pay 45 bucks to go again. I should be able to meet you guys at Chimmney Rock on Saturday, though, and might camp Saturday night then leave in the morning
Yea, now that I look at it, $45.00 is alot for that. I can get discounted tickets from AAA though for $34.00 That's still a good bit per person though so, lets think about possibly planning something else on the Sunday.... maybe we will just head over to Linville Caverns or something like that. I'll check out some things in the area and have an alternate plan. Either way, it'll be fun!
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I have researched and found some places for us to check out on the Sunday. There is a place called Mystery Hill and also Linville Caverns and Grandfather Mountain. These are all inexpensive choices that look like fun.

Comments?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

It looks like the weather is not cooperating for this trip so we are just going to cancel it for now and see about rescheduling for another time.

The chances for rain are at 60% scattered Thunderstorms and thats not going to be condusive to camping or hiking Chimney Rock.

I have canceled the campground site reservations.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

The percentages have dropped to 30% on the Thunderstorms for Saturday and Sunday. Maybe we should put this back on the Radar! You guys want to go for it?

:P
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

it dont matter to me. i've scheduled an appointment for friday morning, but i should be done around 11

need to know as i need to get some supplies
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:it dont matter to me. i've scheduled an appointment for friday morning, but i should be done around 11

need to know as i need to get some supplies
We are ON for the trip! We want to get out around 2:30 to 3:00 pm. The last stop will be to drop the puppy at the kennel!

we need to leave on Sunday around noon to return.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

We have moved up our timeframe slightly as Barbara and I will be leaving work at 12:00 now. That means we should be able to get out around 1:30 - 2:00. So, Phil if you and Lisa will plan to be at the house at 1:00 that would be perfect.

Let's have fun on this trip guys! :)
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Well, since we had to cancell this trip, lets look at some alternate ideas. Kornor's Folly for a day trip perhaps???