Chimney Rock Trip

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Chimney Rock Trip

Post by AMartin777 »

Let's plan a trip up to Chimney Rock and Biltmore House! It would be a blast to get everyone together for the trip and we could do it over a weekend (or long weekend including a Friday or Monday).

Let me know what you all think about times, dates, etc. :P
Last edited by AMartin777 on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:23 am, edited 9 times in total.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Just a suggestion...

The best times to see Biltmore are Spring (already passed) and Christmas.

Christmas at Biltmore is simply awesomefied. The decorations are some of the best you'll see.

Summer is ok, I'd just suggest either Spring or Christmas.

Spring has all the tulips and all the spring flowers and such, summer is ok as the garden is pretty much in full bloom as well.
naktwister69
Chicken Dance

Post by naktwister69 »

sounds like fun but i will not be able to go if you do a sunday and monday. i can't get off on a sun. but i can go and come back sat night . i could drive up there and meet everyone then drive back
thats how men are! ungrateful and never satisfied!
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Okay. Time to get the planning started. As it stands, the plan is as follows:

7/14 - 1:00pm - Travel to Chimney Rock area
7/14 - 5:30pm - Arrive Chimney Rock area
7/15 - Spend day at Chimney Rock and surrounding area
7/16 - Spend day at Biltmore House and Gardens
7/16 - 5:00pm - Travel back

This is the rough itinerary and I will modify it as the details are worked out. We will be camping each night (friday, saturday).

Lisa, get your time planned at work! Whootah!
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I should be able to come up for at least part of the weekend.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:I should be able to come up for at least part of the weekend.
Great! You could meet us on Saturday then? Your welcome to camp Saturday night if you want. Just let me know whatever you want to do or just play it by ear.

Whoot.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

lisa cant go on sunday. and we'd have to leave around 5 or so saturday to get her back in time to sleep and work sunday.
may need to have alternate plans.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:lisa cant go on sunday. and we'd have to leave around 5 or so saturday to get her back in time to sleep and work sunday.
may need to have alternate plans.
We could just move it forward a week to 21, 22, 23rd? Can she schedule for that?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

that particular sunday is not the problem its sundays in general. she said she woudl call you today
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Can be at both of these places in under 30 minutes. I have never been to Biltmore House and I live a mere 30 miles down the road from it, but the big things is I am heading out on the 19th to head up the East Coast for 5 days. Well have fun anyway.
naktwister69
Chicken Dance

Post by naktwister69 »

K well i can do the weekend of the 16th. i talked to my boss today and he said that i can have that whole weekend off. just let him know about three weeks ahead...
thats how men are! ungrateful and never satisfied!
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Ok. I spoke with Lisa and everything is on (as in her post above) for the weekend starting the 14th. I will get our sites reserved once I speak with everyone and determine who's staying overnight. At this point, John, Barbara, myself, Lisa and Phil are going to be camping. That means I will be reserving at least 2 sites. Jonathan, do you plan to stay overnight on Friday or Saturday or at all? If so, then we still only need the two sites as they allow 2 tents per site but no more. If Robert and Sarah wind up camping then I will get 3 sites. They are about $34.00 per night with 4 adults per site so it works out really cheap.

Here are a few links for everyone:

http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/
http://www.hickorynutfallsfamilycampgro ... spage.html
http://www.biltmore.com/

Hope everyone can make it for at least part of the trip. It's gonna be a blast!

Keep in touch Dave and let us know if you can meet up at some point, even if it's only for dinner or something.

Whootah!
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I have reserved spot #37 and #38 at the Hickory Nut Campground listed on the links above. They have a map if you want to see where these spots are located.

:D
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

but the big things is I am heading out on the 19th to head up the East Coast for 5 days. Well have fun anyway.
And what does that have to do with the 15th and 16th?

Anywho, I've been to the Biltmore House a few times before, and I'll be f***ed if I'm gonna pay 45 bucks to go again. I should be able to meet you guys at Chimmney Rock on Saturday, though, and might camp Saturday night then leave in the morning
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

It has to do with it because when I posted that, the gathering was a week later than what it is now. I was just stating that I could not attend since it interfered with the current trip I have planned. Alan edited his post about it to reflect the current dates. Maybe this will clear up what you where asking?

As for a meet up for dinner, looking like I will be in wonderful Utah that weekend for some boring a$$ work conferance.