Night of Thunder

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Thanks for posting the link Jon. I've responded...

Not really into anything but the event and maybe the water park on Sunday before I head back... BTW - Are we riding together on Friday night or are you heading out Saturday morning? :?:
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I would definitely be interested in carpooling if it is a possibility, because that's a hell of a drive for everyone to make separately! My last class on Friday ends at 11:05 AM, and my first class on Monday starts at 10:15 AM, so I am free anywhere in between those times. 8)
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I plan to take off from work at 4 on the Friday and head out. We should definitely carpool. I'm gonna go ahead and book the same cabin, if I can get it, so your welcome to stay if you want to put in some $$ like before.

:)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I would be up for that. So who else is going?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Well, I hope that Phil is going. It's a little too far out for him to know probably.

Hey Pollo, you going to the NOT on September 17th???

Barb will probably go but John will be out of the country (Turkey) with the Reserves.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I have the same cabin we had before reserved for the 16th and 17th! :) Jon, do you have anybody else coming with you? (roommate, etc.) and Jay, your still unsure due to your new job right?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I mentioned it to Matthew earlier and he said he was interested, but it will probably be a while before he knows for sure.
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

Actually, since my parents had some points left, we're getting a condo for that weekend.. I'm imagining it won't be too hard to get off work by then. :lol:
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

awesomefied Jay! Well, you guys know that all are welcome to stay at the cabin. :)

Now it's just down to finding out about Pollo...
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Chances are really good that I will be there, well 100 % chance that is. It is great living right down the road abit from Dollywood.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Dave, you better be there! I didn't get a chance to hang out with you on the DW trip earlier this year. :?

I was hoping that "The Wild Man" might re-appear at SFOG on the 11th but, alas I understand that it doesn't always work out.

I guess "The Wild Man" could appear at NOT but, he likes it fast and rough. Fast we got, rough.... not a bit. Though, I think it might be a treat to take him through a trip on BF... I mean, I think he can appreciate a rough riding coaster that takes you through burning buildings and cheesy audio?? :twisted:
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

ERT on Thunderhead has been reduced to one hour... They are waiting till an hour after park close to start it though, so it should be sufficiently dark.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Well, we will make the best of it regardless of the ERT time. I'm just glad we are all going which will make the time spent fun. :lol:

That being said, the explanation given by Dollywood doesn't strike me as based on any logical assessment. I take personal responsibility for myself at all times when riding any coaster in any park. I never become complacent about restraining myself properly on a ride regardless of whether it is during an ERT session or regular park hours. The suggestion is, because I am an "enthusiast" (a very subjective term at best), I will allow myself to lapse into a state of irresponsibility while riding over an extended period of time. I am offended by the supposition though I temper that feeling against the position that the park has to take when considering the "enthusiast" community as a whole.

:roll:
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Just abit of a heads up for all that are attending Night of Thunder. The Grand Rod Run is once again the same weekend as NOT2. If you have not looked for a place to stay then you really should think about doing so.

Guess it will be the backwoods way into Dollywood for me again.