Night of Thunder

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

F***
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Well my only class on the Friday before Night of Thunder has been cancelled. Perhaps my professor is going to the event? :D So, I can go anytime Friday, or heck, even Thursday night. :P
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Sounds great! I'll let you know about our hours. I'll probably be cutting out of work early on Friday myself.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

So now a group of people, from a website (amusementsaftey.org) claiming to be in a position to judge safe practices of coaster enthusiasts, will be attending the NOT event?

I don't get it. Are these people licensed or certified as "Ride Saftey" people in some way? If they are not, then there is no creedence to anything they attempt to "officially" report in regard to safety.

Their site claims "Special events aimed at roller coaster clubs have been said to have some unsafe issues taking place during the event." Uhh... could they give us a specific example instead of a wild generalization???

Sounds like somebody's reaching....
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Sent in your registration yet?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Sent in your registration yet?
Damn, I forgot. I don't think the post office is open tomorrow either so how am I gonna get it postmarked the 5th?
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Get it in the mail the next day. Drop an e-mail to Godsey and tell him about it. If anyone else has forgot than do the same thing.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

coasterdave wrote:Get it in the mail the next day. Drop an e-mail to Godsey and tell him about it. If anyone else has forgot than do the same thing.
Thanks Dave. I'll follow-up with an e-mail. The holiday snuck up on me.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I'll be taking off 1/2 day on Friday. Jonathan, I'll be by to pick you up at your appartment at 12:00. I'll meet you out front (same place I dropped you off the other day).

I will get to pick up a new credit! The new family coaster is up and running.

Looks like we will have good weather for the trip. :)
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

^ Don't forget about Nascar Speedpark in Sevierville.. our condo is like 500 feet from it.. we'll be stopping by Late Friday night or Sunday afternoon so my brother can get the credit.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

http://www.rideworld.com/boards/index.p ... 1477&st=30
Well, we are all set. Due to the low numbers we have made some changes. Instead of having a catered meal, you will receive a $12.00 meal ticket that can be used around the park at our leisure. We are still waiting to hear from the park regarding the ERT. There is a possibility the ERT will be from 7pm to 9pm. Once I hear more, I will let you know.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Only 19 people will be there. Now that's some ERT.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Looks like our ERT probably will be over before it gets dark...

This thing went pretty quickly from 2 hours of ERT in the dark and a catered meal to 1 hour of ERT before nightfall and no catered meal.

Ah well, we will still have a great time.

I just hope they don't take away ERT alltogether....
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Looks like our ERT probably will be over before it gets dark...

This thing went pretty quickly from 2 hours of ERT in the dark and a catered meal to 1 hour of ERT before nightfall and no catered meal.

Ah well, we will still have a great time.

I just hope they don't take away ERT alltogether....
Well, I guess with the voucher it's Hello Aunt Granny's! :D Hey, the hour ERT is fine with me! Only 19 people will allow us a fantastic ERT anyway. After all, now they only have to run one train for the ERT! Either way, it's gonna be great... Dave, Jay and all others... just hanging out with you guys will be worth it.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

I was thinking more of the Backstage Restaurant myself. That place has some of the best steaks.