Short Film

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Short Film

Post by Jonathan »

Okay, I will not have received the film stock by this weekend, but should have it after that. I must have the film ready to be sent for processing by 10/17.

Would Sunday, October 8th in the morning work for you guys? I would like Alan, Phil, John, and either Barbara or Lisa to be in it if possible. If that date doesn't work I can do Sunday, October 15th, but would prefer the 8th. Let me know ASAP so I can make other arrangements if it's not going to work out.

By the way, here is an incredibly amazing detailed storyboard that I drew. I will explain it later.

radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

that sunday is fine with me
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Actually, if the opportunity arises at any point before then, I wouldn't mind running through it with a digital camcorder, or with no camera at all. I've got around 2 and a half minutes of film stock to make a 1 minute film, so there won't be much of an opportunity to shoot things multiple times.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Sunday the 8th should be fine with me and Barbara... John will be out of town that weekend.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Correction, John's Reserve weekend has been moved this month so he will be there.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I have a feeling this is not going to be received well, but, due to time constraints with the camera and the person who is going to help me crew, would anyone be extremely opposed to meeting (at Alan's house) at say... 7:30 AM Sunday? :?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

i can do it but lisa wont be able to join then. it was doubtfull if she would be anyway on sunday as she usually works until like 3
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:I have a feeling this is not going to be received well, but, due to time constraints with the camera and the person who is going to help me crew, would anyone be extremely opposed to meeting (at Alan's house) at say... 7:30 AM Sunday? :?
I don't have a problem with it.... after all, I'm a professional! 8)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks for helping everyone I think it's going to turn out good
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Film came back today, and it looks pretty good. I think it's going to turn out well. I have to storyboard my second film by Tuesday. It will be 2-3 minutes and must use some artificial lighting (we have the equipment for a 3 point lighting setup). I have a couple of ideas, but recently came up with a concept for a continuation of the first film. Obviously to do that would require that John, Alan, and Phil could act again.

So, the questions are, are the three of you interested, and will it be possible to find a date when everyone can film? I have to have it ready to get sent off by November 14th, and I believe Alan returns from his trip on the 7th or 9th, so that would limit us to that following weekend (the 11th and 12th). What do you think?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

i'm ok that weekend, but be sure we get at least all day this time if possible. can't wait to see these!
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I've got this thing planned out and storyboarded and such, and we're going to need one more person. I need someone to be Alan's wife/girlfriend for a few shots. Preferably I guess this would be Barbara if she is interested and will be available the day we shoot (which will be either November 11th or 12th; whichever works for everyone).

I also have another request. Between now and the shoot, no one throw away any empty alcohol containers. Put them in a garbage bag or something; I want them for the shoot. Also, if anyone happens to find anymore brooms lying around between now and then, I want as many as possible.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

alan, find out from barb if she will, so if she won't we'll have time to recruit another person.
ya i'll save all my alcohol bottles. i've got a 70% isopropyl i think.

thrift shop for brooms! yard sales, landfill...
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

oh nooooooo
I found a continuity error in the short.
anyone guess what it is? jonathan, want me to post it here or pm you?