August 4-5 ACE @ Six Flags Great Adventure & Coney Islan

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

August 4-5 ACE @ Six Flags Great Adventure & Coney Islan

Post by bgwfreak777 »

The flyer isn't up yet, but I was curious if anyone was interested in doing this trip?

I have yet to go to Great Adventure and Coney Island.

http://www.aceonline.org/flyers/PreservationCon2007.pdf
Last edited by bgwfreak777 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I am probably going to be taking a class at NC State, and if there is a final exam, it would be the following week, so there would be no traveling for me. If there is not, then I might be interested.

As I mentioned in another thread on here, if I travel anywhere long distance this year, it will almost certainly be to Great Adventure to ride El Toro and Knoebels to ride the Flying Turns. I would also like to spend a couple days in New York City, as I've never been before.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Just a little bit more incentive...
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinat ... mmer_N.htm

Looks like this will be the last "year" for Astroland as it will get a makeover and who knows what will become of it.
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

Good riddance. Coney Island is easily the biggest shithole on the face of the planet. And I seriously mean poop HOLE. We got out of the car only to have the smell of poo knock us down. Then again when you have to pay a quarter to use the bathrooms:

..what do you expect? I will however, probably be stopping by to get my 2 kiddie credits that I missed a few years ago, and another mercy ride on Cyclone.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

The evnt sounds pretty good but think I will hit these two parks this coming weekend or I should say I hope to hit them. Seems me and coaster plans tend to get derailed at the last minute with a thing called work or a thing called Delta axing flights that I am on.
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

Or a thing called bar stools?

LOL sorry had to do it. :P
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Well I finally took the time to read over the flyer and I'm sorry but $75 seems a bit steep to me.

I think I'm going to have to pass on this as I've just spent a good bit of money doing my Ohio/Penn trip.

I'll get up there some day. By then though, I'll be skinny enough for El Toro stapeling. lol :lol: