Saturday MTG - BRING IT!!

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Saturday MTG - BRING IT!!

Post by AMartin777 »

Saturday MTG is on - 3PM!

Come ready to play!

Format: Multiplayer 3 : Unlimited

We will roll dice. Highest 3 rolls will be in Multi-player. Remaining players play one-on-one if there are 5 of us or if there is only 4 of us, the odd player out will play the first player out of the multi-player game. This will give us a few more games and won't drag on for hours in the same multi-player situation.

I have been doing some research and the future formats will include draft and theme.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I might be able to come if you guys will have me after my n00b a$$ nearly won last time.

I think I'm going to see Casablanca at 1:20 in Cary so I probably wouldn't be able to make it to your place until 4.

That's right CASABLANCA. A real print on the big screen of one of the greatest films ever made (and one of my personal favorites). This film nerd is pumped.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Your more than welcome to show at 4 or later. We will be grabbing dinner somewhere around that time anyway so we might be able to meet up and then back to the house to destroy you. Your not a n00b anymore.

Phil, can you provide the same theme deck for Jon to play with until we can work with him to build his own?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

yaa i can do such
Always Dreaming
Chicken Of The Sea

I should be there...

Post by Always Dreaming »

I should be there, if I can get a ride. :)

Oh! And where do you guys get new cards? I'd like to pick up a few new packs, if I can. Specifically Mirroden, Darksteel, or Fifth Dawn... they're a bit old, but I've found a few packs so far.. but they're out now.. where I was getting them from at least. (I think they're from the edition before the current block of cards)
.... its the fall of rain, the rumble of thunder. Its your quote, your fervor. And in a moment, a chance, you realize. You don't have a damned choice....
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

i got mirrorden from walmart in wake forest last week
havent seen those other 2.
mirroden has a lot of artifacts.
ill look for those cards online you wanted
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: I should be there...

Post by AMartin777 »

Always Dreaming wrote:I should be there, if I can get a ride. :)

Oh! And where do you guys get new cards? I'd like to pick up a few new packs, if I can. Specifically Mirroden, Darksteel, or Fifth Dawn... they're a bit old, but I've found a few packs so far.. but they're out now.. where I was getting them from at least. (I think they're from the edition before the current block of cards)
We should be able to get you a ride no problem.

As to the cards situtation, Mirroden, Darksteel and Fifth Dawn are now pretty "old" in card set terms. Your not going to find anywhere local that sell those boosters, packs, etc. (I stand corrected by Phil's find above) The current TimeSpiral block is the one you'll find for sale mostly... (along with the intermediate Coldsnap set).

There is a shop in Raleigh called Lost Goblin Games: http://www.lostgoblingames.com/

They have a selection of the latest boosters and theme decks. Their real strength lies the in binders full of singles from various olders sets. This is where I would suggest you look for the older cards your interested in and they have a fairly extensive set of singles to dig through.

Another choice for older boosters/singles is a great website Troll and Toad:
http://www.trollandtoad.com/

They are an excellent resource for all things roleplaying as well as MTG. Their shipping is reasonable and their selections are vast.

Hope this helps! :)