BUSCH GARDENS EUROPE - 6/15

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

JamminJ
Chicken of the World

BUSCH GARDENS EUROPE - 6/15

Post by JamminJ »

Might go get my Griffon on, Jonathan said he would tag along if I drove. Any takers?
Last edited by JamminJ on Mon May 28, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

There are so many topics stickied that I don't even know if anyone will see this one lol.

But yes. Everyone should go.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I would go but I will be in Ohio at my sister-in-law's wedding.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

I am thinking about it. Depends on if work is not all to hell and stuff.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I'm up for it. What would you guys do, drive back the same day back to Raleigh?

If I can crash on someones couch then I'm up for that.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

I would normally drive but since I have this nice shiny Lear Jet parked at the Asheville Airport. I will be flying up to my cooperate office late Thursday for a meeting there Friday morning and tour some jobs that the Richmond Office is doing. I will drive over to the park sat morning and meet up with you guys. Just figure out a time and a place.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

well i'll make this an announcement for now. All these things right together, I need to watch my money. but i'd definitely be interested in going if my funds provides
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

coasterdave wrote:... I have this nice shiny Lear Jet...
BALLAAAAAAAAAA!
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

So it sounds like we're going to do this?

What will be the logistics...

Where do I meet you guys, when do I need to get there all that stuff.

And depending on when we get back and how awake I am, is there anyone that I could crash on their couch for the evening if I'm not up for the 2.5 hours back to Charlotte?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Who is actually going from this site?

And to Alan, Barbara, Phil, John (because I'm sure he is reading this :roll: ), etc, if you aren't going this time (I know Alan and Barbara can't) are you planning on going later in the summer?

I'll go anytime with anyone because I have a season pass.

Gas prices though :x :x :x
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

oooi dont know. i would like to go havent been in a while. just need to check my money too. may not know until a little closer
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Jonathan wrote:Who is actually going from this site?
I am planning on going. If we don't go on the 9th, sometime this year I definetly want to because I haven't been in 3 or 4 years. If I could just cut out the hotel cost then it would help me a lot.

I bought a ticket in 05 and then that stupid gas crises happened and we stayed home and just did KD a couple weeks later. Ended up selling it on ebay thankfully.

EDIT:

I just was over on TPR and reading a reporton Griffon.

1st off, fanny packs are a no-no. You have to rent a locker!!! Seems Borg's stupid policy is spreading North.

Second, Saturdays look to be awful. The guy said he walked up at 9:50 and there was already a 40minute wait and that was on SUNDAY.

I think a Saturday is probably going to be a bad idea, but that's just me. Sunday would have to be better right?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be jammed. Jay's work schedule pretty much only allows him to go that day, so I told him I would go with him, and Dave will be up there on business.

If you want to try and go on a less crowded day in the summer or fall, I know Alan was wanting to go up there at some point, and I have a season pass so I can pretty much go anytime it fits my schedule.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Jonathan wrote:Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be jammed. Jay's work schedule pretty much only allows him to go that day, so I told him I would go with him, and Dave will be up there on business.

If you want to try and go on a less crowded day in the summer or fall, I know Alan was wanting to go up there at some point, and I have a season pass so I can pretty much go anytime it fits my schedule.
OK, it's fine. I'm sure that Griffon will be the only bad wait and I've heard it's a pretty fast moving line.

If all works out I'll join you guys so that I can go ahead and get my trip in this year.

Plus I really don't want to wait until October and have the chance of hurricanes as I've had happen before.
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

Due to some recent events I'm going to go ahead and move this trip one day sooner for Friday June 8th. Hopefully the crowds will not be as bad on this day.