Tweetsie RailRoad---Ghost Train visit

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

zeesays wrote:Do we have time to do both effectively? Remember, I'm someone that doesn't like rushing.
Yeah I really think so.

Ghost Town is a small park and we could easily do everything in the park in say 3 hours tops...unless the guys get stuck drooling over the Can Can girls. :lol:

So I'd say 12-3ish at Ghost Town...drive 2.5 hours to Tweetsie and spend the rest of the day there.

Tweetsie doesn't open until 7:30.

Also check this out from tweetsie.com
The gates open at 7:30 p.m. Due to the popularity of this annual event, only a limited number of tickets are available for each evening. Advance tickets are required and many nights become sold out. Admission is $25 for adults and children, while kids ages 2 and under are admitted free. Tickets are on sale now at
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

I'm just going to do the Tweetise thing. Its been decades since I've been to Tweetsie probably since I was 10 or so.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Something to keep in mind...

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/ ... 16809.html

321 will probably still be having a ton of construction then. Just an FYI.

And I probably won't do this myself.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

I was in the area today and decided to drop by the park, but did not go in. Place looks like it always has except for some new addition here and there. I did not go up 321 for I live far enough north to take 221 and some back roads.

So I take it this trip is dead or what?