Ghost Town event! G3 on 9/9 2007

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Ghost Town event! G3 on 9/9 2007

Post by tomizzle »

Hey guys, if anyone is interested, the Sunday after the C3 event, there is going to be a G3 event at Ghost Town, open to anyone. Here is the flyer and it should be a great time. Hope you don't mind if I post this, but I know alot of people were not going to the beach on Sunday, so this is the perfect alternative. I have worked with the park to make this pretty cool even tho Cliffhanger is not open. Check it out!

http://www.tommyandjames.net/g3flyer.pdf

Holla
Tommy
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Well you know I will be there
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Sounds like a plan.

I especially like the thought of being able to climb down, or is it up, the lift? :lol:
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

This sounds great! Let's get some planning going for this. Thanks for posting this Tom.

We should be able to do this trip.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

^ Copycat. :roll:
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

I'm in for this too, sounds fun.

So, I take it the plan is to do this instead of the family kingdom? If so i'll remove that from announcements.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks for posting this Tom.
haha

Anywho, I know Alan has a place to stay, but if anyone else is planning on staying somewhere up there Sunday night (I'm just driving back to my parents house near Charlotte), be aware that hotels in and around Maggie Valley are either booked up or overpriced as it is REDNECK RALLY that weekend. awesomefied
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Wonderful.

I wonder if traffic is going to be a nightmare?

I'm just going to plan on going to GTITS and driving back home. I really don't care to do Santa's Land as I already went to that park when I was...oh...3? I dont' count powered coasters, so I could care less about their coaster.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:
Thanks for posting this Tom.
haha

Anywho, I know Alan has a place to stay, but if anyone else is planning on staying somewhere up there Sunday night (I'm just driving back to my parents house near Charlotte), be aware that hotels in and around Maggie Valley are either booked up or overpriced as it is REDNECK RALLY that weekend. awesomefied
Should I have used Tommy?
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

We got a hotel at the Comfort Inn for $99 a night for Saturday night after Carowinds. It's real nice and has free breakfast and wireless etc.

It's just a motorcycle thing, so traffic should be fine. We have been to GT about 4 times this year during those bike weekends and it's all good...unlike Myrtle Beach bike events.

There are a ton of hotels in Maggie Valley but if you go online to the Comfort Inn, when you make a reservation, choose "internet rate" and it gives you like a $20 lower rate. This place is about half a mile from Ghost Town.
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

I might be up for this too.
AKA the bearded dude
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

Cool. Just make sure you download that flyer and get it to my postmarked by Aug 15th. The views at this park are amazing, and I love love love the drop tower!
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

tomizzle wrote:Cool. Just make sure you download that flyer and get it to my postmarked by Aug 15th. The views at this park are amazing, and I love love love the drop tower!
And it doesn't rip your feet off! :?
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

An event that is a mere 34 miles from my house. This would be awsome but I will be 1200 miles away in Texas that weekend.

Hope you have a great turn out Tommy.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

^ Well that's good to know. If you had planned on coming, the place would have fallen off the side of the mountain for sure. :lol: :wink: