Rock 'N' Roll Revival Tour

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Re: Rock 'N' Roll Revival Tour

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I couldn't agree more. I had to resist the urge to reply to one of those dumb "Obama is a terrorist" emails I got over the weekend from a person that is supposed to be a minister. I guess they forgot about checking your sources and not spreading gossip. :roll:

I'm far from perfect though and I've said my fair share of stupid things, but I've learned over the years more and more to live and live (not die Alan, no matter what Paul said :lol: ) One thing I can tell you is this, no religion knows it all. Southern Baptists run around spouting that they know everything...well guess what, they DON'T (and I'm a member of a SB church). I actually sat down and read through some of their doctrines and beliefs and some of them are laughable and even downright against what even the Bible teaches. For instance dancing. There's a rule in their beliefs (notice I said THEIR beliefs) that says that dancing is evil and you shouldn't dance. I guess King David was the worst man in the world. He danced naked before the Lord. :|

And switching subjects, thanks Alan for the invite. I had a great time Saturday. It's amazing how we can sit around and talk for 5 hours and never run out of stuff to say.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:And switching subjects, thanks Alan for the invite. I had a great time Saturday. It's amazing how we can sit around and talk for 5 hours and never run out of stuff to say.
We had a great time too! I'm glad you could drive up and meet up for dinner and conversation. Next time we are down that way we need to follow-up on those plans to hit the mine. Barbara and I have been looking at some caverns to explore that are in the upper part of Virginia for planning some upcoming trips.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

AMartin777 wrote:
bgwfreak777 wrote:And switching subjects, thanks Alan for the invite. I had a great time Saturday. It's amazing how we can sit around and talk for 5 hours and never run out of stuff to say.
We had a great time too! I'm glad you could drive up and meet up for dinner and conversation. Next time we are down that way we need to follow-up on those plans to hit the mine. Barbara and I have been looking at some caverns to explore that are in the upper part of Virginia for planning some upcoming trips.
We did Luray when I was a kid on our DC trip (Reagan in was in office).
http://www.virginia.org/site/features.asp?featureid=30

I also did the Lost Sea down in NC somewhere in high school. It was neat riding around in a boat underground like that.

I hate being underground, but I somehow am ok with it in caverns. lol
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I went caving once. It was one of the cooler things I've ever done. Looking back on it, it was also one of the most terrifying things I've ever done, but for some reason I guess I didn't really realize it at the time.