Dominatormania - June 14 - Kings Dominion

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Re: Dominatormania - June 14 - Kings Dominion

Post by coasterdave »

Well you can stick a fork in me for I am not going now. Mom's birthday is that weekend and she is off of work so you gues have fun that weekend.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Jonathan wrote:Putting mine in the mail now, so I'm assuming I'm not gonna get back from Europe to find that all of you bastards backed out.
Mine has been mailed too, so you won't be all alone. lol

Can't wait to hear about Europe.
Last edited by bgwfreak777 on Mon May 12, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

coasterdave wrote:Well you can stick a fork in me for I am not going now. Mom's birthday is that weekend and she is off of work so you gues have fun that weekend.
Yea! Dave is going after all! That reminds me, gotta get my check in the mail... 8)
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

AMartin777 wrote:
coasterdave wrote:Well you can stick a fork in me for I am not going now. Mom's birthday is that weekend and she is off of work so you gues have fun that weekend.
Yea! Dave is going after all! That reminds me, gotta get my check in the mail... 8)
hu wat?
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Again Alan doesn't read the entire post. lol
:roll: :lol:
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Well, it was my feeble attempt at being sarcastic. It usually works out, as in this case, that Dave actually doesn't make it. We were hoping to break the record on how many times he was able to consecutively make it successfully to an event. (note recent Hard Rock Park unpleasantness).

But, it is for his Mom and who among us would not put our mother above rollercoasters? :)
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

This is your mother...send your payment today!

And be sure to bring clean underwear too!

Money due May 20.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I have been thinking about possibly riding the train up if I could catch a ride Friday and Sunday.

I figured that it would probably save a bit of money, plus I've never taken the train between Charlotte and Raleigh.

I would arrive sometime during the day on Friday, then if Alan is working in Raleigh that day maybe he can pick me up when he gets off work???

The thing would be how to get back down there on Sunday. Not sure if anyone lives down that way or not.

Again, it's just a thought. Let me know if this would work at all.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:I have been thinking about possibly riding the train up if I could catch a ride Friday and Sunday.

I figured that it would probably save a bit of money, plus I've never taken the train between Charlotte and Raleigh.

I would arrive sometime during the day on Friday, then if Alan is working in Raleigh that day maybe he can pick me up when he gets off work???

The thing would be how to get back down there on Sunday. Not sure if anyone lives down that way or not.

Again, it's just a thought. Let me know if this would work at all.
This would work fine with me if you are willing to wait for me to come by and pick you up at the train station after work. I don't see it being a big issue to get you a ride back to the train station on Sunday either.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

AMartin777 wrote:
This would work fine with me if you are willing to wait for me to come by and pick you up at the train station after work. I don't see it being a big issue to get you a ride back to the train station on Sunday either.
Is the station near by for you at work? I don't want you to have to go out of your way.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:
AMartin777 wrote:
Is the station near by for you at work? I don't want you to have to go out of your way.
It's not far at all. It wouldn't be a problem for me to pick you up. What kind of prices are you seeing for the round-trip?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

I got the payment mailed off today for myself and Mylene
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

AMartin777 wrote: It's not far at all. It wouldn't be a problem for me to pick you up. What kind of prices are you seeing for the round-trip?
$50 round trip. And the way gas is going, that's going to be cheaper than driving up there.

Edit: Scratch this. After looking at the schedule, it's just not going to work. They really need a mid-day train or something. You can either get in Raleigh at 11:00 or 9:00pm. Not very convenient. Ah well.

Re-thinking. I might just do it after all. I'll just use my backpack instead of my normal luggage bag I guess. That way I can still walk around Raleigh for the day and not have to carry a bag.

Do you happen to know if the station is in a good area? I was thinking of walking from there to the Capitol and such for the day, but can't really tell where that is on the google map.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:
AMartin777 wrote: It's not far at all. It wouldn't be a problem for me to pick you up. What kind of prices are you seeing for the round-trip?
$50 round trip. And the way gas is going, that's going to be cheaper than driving up there.

Edit: Scratch this. After looking at the schedule, it's just not going to work. They really need a mid-day train or something. You can either get in Raleigh at 11:00 or 9:00pm. Not very convenient. Ah well.

Re-thinking. I might just do it after all. I'll just use my backpack instead of my normal luggage bag I guess. That way I can still walk around Raleigh for the day and not have to carry a bag.

Do you happen to know if the station is in a good area? I was thinking of walking from there to the Capitol and such for the day, but can't really tell where that is on the google map.
Actually, the train station isn't too far to walk to the museums, capitol building, etc. You'll get some walking exercise in which isn't a bad thing. Also, there are alot of great eateries downtown where you can grab lunch. I could even meet you down there somewhere during the day for lunch if you want.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Cool deal. I did some more research and AAA members get a discount, so that makes it even cheaper.

So I'll probably do it, I'll nail things down in June.