Aug 8-10 2008 Weekend

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Aug 8-10 2008 Weekend

Post by radial »

Fo real though? Are you inviting us? ;)

Jonathan
Alan
Barb
John
Mark
Robin
Phil
Mylene
???
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

John is bringing someone
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

whootah all sorts of news aha

sweet

see ya then. i'll give ya cash
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Guess I had kind of assumed you would be in the loop on this one.

They are $11 apiece
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Uhh... nope. Actually I forgot to let Phil know that you had it taken care of. Oh.. and don't get too excited... John's bringing a female friend from the Military but she's not a "date" or anything like that. I know, I know... we were all hoping. :roll:

BTW - is she coming Thursday or Friday? Will we find out tonight? (We are planning to be at the Spinners for dinner and music tonight)
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

She's coming thursday night. So Friday night at my house. Ya, I talked with John the other night, this is the same lady that came with us to the hockey game.

Yes i'll be there at spinners tonight also. The current owner wants to have a meeting with me tonight, so I suggested we go there and talk since i'm going there anyway. So, we'll be there at 6:00 so leave us alone until at least 7. No mentioning of anything to him if you see him.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:She's coming thursday night. So Friday night at my house. Ya, I talked with John the other night, this is the same lady that came with us to the hockey game.

Yes i'll be there at spinners tonight also. The current owner wants to have a meeting with me tonight, so I suggested we go there and talk since i'm going there anyway. So, we'll be there at 6:00 so leave us alone until at least 7. No mentioning of anything to him if you see him.
Noway we will be there any earlier than 7pm anyway so no problems.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Are you guys planning on eating lunch or dinner in town on Saturday?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Lunch almost certainly. Dinner maybe? I was thinking we might come back to the house and cookout hotdogs and smores at the backyard fire pit. We have also been talking about stopping by your apartment to check it out also. Assuming your ready for guests? :)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

As long as the hot water doesn't come out rusty like it did this morning ( :shock: ) and cars don't come crashing into parked cars like they did last night ( :shock: ) then yes. :D Pretty much everything is unpacked and cleaned up by this point.

Perhaps you guys already have something in mind for lunch, but if not here are some ideas. Unfortunately most of my favorite places are dinner-only on weekends.

Raleigh Times
The Rockford (best sandwiches in Raleigh IMO)
Clyde Cooper's BBQ

Also, the new 'Thaiphoon Bistro' on Glenwood South opens tonight, and is apparently open at lunch.

Poole's Downtown Diner (http://www.poolesdowntowndiner.com/) has a Saturday brunch as well. Have heard nothing but great things about it.

I've never been to The Hook Up Marina Bar and Resort on St. Mary's but they are open for lunch as is Mellow Mushroom.

Never eaten at Tir Na Nog or The Hibernian before, but I think they are both open for lunch.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

Doesnt matter to me where.
Jonathan, are you coming to my place Fri night?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Haven't figured that out yet. Don't wanna drive out that way twice, so I'm gonna do Friday or Saturday but not both.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

ok i'll assume youre not coming then as far as food is concerned. you're still more than welcome to come and hang out we'll be playing wii or something, just bring some snacks or something to much on
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

So was it a great wekend?
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

coasterdave wrote:So was it a great wekend?
For my part it was! Heart, Cheap Trick and Journey were all great!

We also found our way to Remington Grill in Cary and that was a nice little surprise.

And it was nice it wasn't 100 degrees out there. It was warm, but not typical August heat.