Aug 8-10 2008 Weekend

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Aug 8-10 2008 Weekend

Post by radial »

For Wes it was great as he was under the covered roof! All of us cheap bastards got rained on. Although it wasn't bad. And we were prepared and brought ponchos. So we really didnt end up getting wet at all.

All was great and went according to plan. Except for the departure. We rode up to Henderson to buy her leaving ticket and the station had a big closed sign on it. We called, no answer. So we ended up having to go to the Raleigh station. We purchased the ticket, then ended up going to Hard Times Cafe for lunch. As the bus was pulling out of the station with her on it and I was walking back to my car, I reached down and found her wallet in my pocket. So I rushed to the nearest UPS store and it's on the way now to her house.

But yes, I'm slowly working on getting the pictures accounted for. I'm tagging and naming and crap. And as soon as I get done with the previous 10 sets I'll have the chance to work on these. *sigh*
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

When did it rain?

After we got into the ampitheater I thought it stopped raining and didn't start again. :shock:
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

The weekend went really great! Phil has definitely found himself a keeper. She's fun and very cute.

We had a great time downtown with Jonathan playing host.

The concert was very good. All three bands were surprisingly well rehearsed and put on very good shows. I enjoyed all three but especially Cheap Trick... though.. I am biased as I have always been a big fan of that band.

I regret that I wasn't a little more enthusiastic at the concert but I was having one of my stomach problem nights suffering from the baby back ribs I consumed in large quantities earlier in the afternoon.

It really was a great weekend and I think everyone had a kick a$$ time. :D
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Isn't it funny how the two "good looking guys" from Cheap Trick, are now the "old looking guys". :lol:

The drummer has lost a good bit of weight since I last saw them in the 80s. Zander and the bass player were always the cute guys, and now they look really old. :lol:

The guitarist looks older, but pretty much exactly like he did in the 80s.

I've been wanting to see Heart and Cheap Trick for years, Journey was just a bonus.