AC/DC Dec 18th, 2008 Charlotte,NC

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

AC/DC Dec 18th, 2008 Charlotte,NC

Post by coasterdave »

So it was announced that the long return of one of the greatest bands in the history of Rock is doing a World's Tour and is stopping in Charlotte at the Time Warner Cable Arena. There has been no dates announced for you guys in the State Capital area yet but when they do, I guess we can have a meet up there. The tickets go on sale at 10 am on Sept 20th. I do not have a price but they have been running from $85 to $91.50 a piece on the other venues. I do not at this time know who or if they will have an opening act. I know I will be there for the CLT show.

I would think that Max would be going. Anyone else?
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Re: AC/DC Dec 18th, 2008 Charlotte,NC

Post by bgwfreak777 »

If the tickets are reasonable, and I'm not really holding out much hope I'm planning on hitting this concert with some friends in Charlotte. We'll just have to see, but I would love to see them. Yes Dave, I like that devil music too. :lol: They aren't my favorite band by far, but I enjoy a lot of the old stuff like Dirty Deeds, Thunder Struck and many others.

This supposedly will be their last arena date, and then they'll start on the stadiums.
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

Already got plans in motion to go :) They've gotta do "Who Made Who."

Now, about Coldplay in Atlanta...
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I would love to see them but I can't spend the Mickey money. :)
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Ticket prices are a cool $91.50 each. I would pay more if I had to. Guess I will get mine throught the Fan Club.

Just for somemore FYI:

AC/DC's widely-anticipated Black Ice World Tour will come to Charlotte’s Time Warner Cable Arena on December 18. This date will be the only tour stop in North Carolina.

tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

I saw them in Columbia YEARS ago on the Blow Up Your Video tour. I think White Lion opened...lol.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

tomizzle wrote:I saw them in Columbia YEARS ago on the Blow Up Your Video tour. I think White Lion opened...lol.
Wait...wait.

Oh, I didn't have anything to say. Just was singing White Lion songs.
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

White Lion
I haven't heard any mention of them in YEARS.
AKA the bearded dude
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

"When the children cry....let them know we tried....."

Maybe they opened for Whitesnake? And Great White opened for AC/DC....it was some band with "white" in it. Or was it Trixster? No, that was opening band for Winger..
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Looks like I am the only one going. Score one second row ticket through the fan club ticket sale. The sad thing is I had a two ticket limit and looks the show is almost sold out.

Now I need to find where this place is and prepared to get ripped off when I find a parking spot.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

coasterdave wrote:Looks like I am the only one going. Score one second row ticket through the fan club ticket sale. The sad thing is I had a two ticket limit and looks the show is almost sold out.

Now I need to find where this place is and prepared to get ripped off when I find a parking spot.
I would advise to stay away from the decks. They are a pain getting out of, and usually charge at least $10. The best deal of course is to ride the light rail. $2.60 round trip from the 485/South Blvd (or any) station.

There are some surface lots a few blocks away that (sometimes) charge $5, but for this event I'm sure they'll charge $10.

I would have loved to go, but $92 for possible nosebleed is just ridiculous. I have to watch my money these days, and I've spent a lot on concerts already this year (Journey, Dokken, The Cure, Gaithers and I'm sure I'm leaving someone out).
coasterfanatic
Chicken Little

Post by coasterfanatic »

Journey, Dokken, The Cure, Gaithers
Did they all play together, because that would be awesomefied!

// Still waiting for the Slayer / Michael W Smith tour
- Ted
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

coasterfanatic wrote:
Journey, Dokken, The Cure, Gaithers
Did they all play together, because that would be awesomefied!
Yeah! You didn't hear it? It was called the Journey to the Darkside with some preachin' thrown in: The Tour

Hope you enjoy the show. I haven't heard Black Ice yet, I've heard Johnson actually sings!
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Seem that while I was in the Sunshine State, AC/DC had a free secret show in PA. This is the opening number where a Train crashes onstage. Yes I said a Train, Please be forwarned that there is some sexual implied content in the introduction. So you have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/v/cEVsC5kjZuA&hl=en&fs=1

Getting closer to Thursday Dec 18th each day that passes. Yea I can not wait.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Low and behold I have 18 days left till the show and a month and 18 days till the second show.