Charlotte Film Festival - September 25-28

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Charlotte Film Festival - September 25-28

Post by bgwfreak777 »

The Charlotte (yes we have a film festival) Film Festival will be next weekend and I thought I'd at least promote it on here.

I'll be volunteering Fri-Sun and checking out some movies (for free) when I have time off and such as well.

Most of the venues are downtown, with the exception of some of the films being run a second time at either Queen's University or Park Terrace Theaters.

Some of the filmakers will be in town at their showings as well, I think it's in the description for each film.

For a full listing of the films go here: http://charlottefilmfestival.org/shop/
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Re: Charlotte Film Festival - September 25-28

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I had a lot of fun and saw 3 feature and 3 short films since Friday.

I don't know why I'm so tired, all I did all weekend was watch movies and sell some tickets for movies.

I got to meet 4 directors, 1 screen writer and saw a few actors as well. All 3 of which are working on bigger projects and as a result I may be seeing their names on the big screen again sometime soon.

The features I saw were: Dakota Skye, Over My Dad's Body and Sprawling From Grace
The shorts: Hose, The Elephant Garden (filmed in Charlotte) and Expendable.

Dakota Skye was my favorite of the bunch, but all were good except for Expendable which was pretty bad, but still pretty funny at times.