Board Games Bonanza! - Saturday 02/20

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Board Games Bonanza! - Saturday 02/20

Post by AMartin777 »

Who's up for a BG session Saturday afternoon/evening? We could start around 3pm - until?

Phil, Jon? You guys interested?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Board Games Bonanza! - Saturday 02/20

Post by radial »

I'm up but i thought John was going to be at camp
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

He is. So it will just be you, me and Barb unless Jonathan joins us too. I can kick your a$$ without Johnny boy around too you know... 8) BTW - Who is that ugly chick beside Mylene in your avatar pic... :roll: HEHEHEHEHHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnut.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

you left out the words "attempt to"
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

So I guess it's time for John's ringer to step in then?

I should be able to come.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

AMartin777 wrote:Who is that ugly chick beside Mylene in your avatar pic... :roll: HEHEHEHEHHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnut.

Silly, thats me. I know, you didn't recognize me with the lights on
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Great! We will start at 3pm then. Jonathan, just give me a call when you are on your way. Barbara and I will plan somehting for dinner.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

It might be a little after 3 before I get there but I will try to make it by then. Having lunch with somebody in Raleigh and then I need to run a couple of errands before I head your way.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Sounds good. We'll see you when you get here.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I have done research on Carcassonne: The Tower and have discovered a couple of things for the next game:

1 - playing a tower to capture a follower only allows the capture of a follower, ie.. meeple people. Pigs and Builders cannot be captured.

2 - For all tower rules (capture, prisoner exchange, ect.) purposes, the large (2) value meeple counts the same as a regular (1) value meeple.

3 - The sequence of play is such that playing a tower comes BEFORE scoring so, yes it is true that you can capture an opponents meeple from a city BEFORE that player is able to score the city. example:

1. city tile, with a tower space, is played and completes the city
2. same player plays a tower peice onto the tile and immediatley captures the opponents follower that was controlling the city
3. The scoring for the city takes place, ie the player who completed the city collects any resources and/or points if they also have a follower in the city. However, the player who had their meeple captured in step two does not score as they do not have a follower in place in the city when the scoring step is reached.

I verified all of these clarifications on GameBoardGeek.com
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Oh... and here is a pic of that game I was trying to remember: Twighlight Imperium. Check out what it takes to play this game:

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

^ Looks fun!
3. The scoring for the city takes place, ie the player who completed the city collects any resources and/or points if they also have a follower in the city. However, the player who had their meeple captured in step two does not score as they do not have a follower in place in the city when the scoring step is reached.
That is a BITCH
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

so the tower and capturing of a meeple is like an instant or interrupt
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:so the tower and capturing of a meeple is like an instant or interrupt
Actually, that's a perfect analogy to use. But, you can't also place a meeple if you use a tower peice. The tower peice placementreplaces the meeple placement action of your turn.
Jonathan wrote: That is a BITCH!
Yea! So is the last tile being a tower that captures your game-winning farmer! :wink: :twisted:
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

AMartin777 wrote:so the tower and capturing of a meeple is like an instant or interrupt

Actually, that's a perfect analogy to use. But, you can't also place a meeple if you use a tower peice. The tower piece placement replaces the meeple placement action of your turn.
The placing of the tower piece is so powerful it uses up all your mana that you can't summon the meeple creature