D&D on Saturday, 28th

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

D&D on Saturday, 28th

Post by AMartin777 »

I guess Myself, John and Phil are on board so far. Phil, can you get with Scott to see if he wants to participate? I believe John is planning to DM. Also, we need to start this at 10am and play till about 3 or 4pm. That way, we can all do something that we call all do together Saturday evening since Barb will probably pass on playing D&D with us.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: D&D on Saturday, 28th

Post by radial »

ive already let scott know, john said he wanted scott to dm apparantly. scott and john are talking about it so i'm not sure. i sent scott this link
Always Dreaming
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by Always Dreaming »

Well, of course I'm willing to play! But.. as for me DMing.. as I've told John.. I don't know if I'm ready to run a game.. I don't use modules.. and I've not played D&D in so long... plus only three days for me to come up with something.. is a bit short.
However, as I told John.. I can run a CoC game. I've got at least two that are set for the Dark Ages, and one set in Ancient Rome, (oh and a very cool one set in Elizabethan England, but that may be a bit too long) so yes, you can swing swords and various other pointy and heavy objects to kill things. Otherwise, someone else can run a D&D game. Two of the games I've got have pre-made characters. Someone let me know something.. so I can try to prepare and get things together and read the adventures.
.... its the fall of rain, the rumble of thunder. Its your quote, your fervor. And in a moment, a chance, you realize. You don't have a damned choice....
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

I can always run a game of Hey
Always Dreaming
Chicken Of The Sea

Hey, in that case, count me out. :P
.... its the fall of rain, the rumble of thunder. Its your quote, your fervor. And in a moment, a chance, you realize. You don't have a damned choice....
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Fine! I will DM then. No problem really I wanted all the control anyway :). I can simply continue the current Egg of the Pheonix campaign.

10am Saturday we start!
Always Dreaming
Chicken Of The Sea

(is floored, suddenly wants to actually play Warcraft again, as character is modeled after Praicee (his tinkering gnome) in the Egg of the Phoenix campaign). By all means, I'm more than willing to let Alan GM. :) But.. again, if people want, I'll run my game.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

I have found a good free character maker / manager / all sorts of stuff

http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/

Hard to learn, but once you understand whats going on its pretty awesomefied. Can even setup server / client between us to help with combat and tracking stuff.
it's java based, so you could even run on a portable

It takes into account every item, you can add custom things, it has the source books from 3.5 built in, etc etc etc.

Best i've found, so i'm going to use it. I've already got my character setup basically, working now on adding my items.
Disclaimer - docs are currently broken. But i've learned enough to create my charcter, but be warned it is a bitch to work with.

Hint- You really need to start at level 0 and input your first set of ability scores, and level up your character in it as you did in game for it to properly keep track of where you should be now. Creating custom items is a pain, but doable.

enjoy