Winterfest at Carowinds!

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Winterfest at Carowinds!

Post by AMartin777 »

I'm really jazzed about the Winterfest event coming up at Carowinds. I would REALLY like to get the planning together so that as many of the Whootah Crew friends and family can all join up to go out for the event together! :D

So let's get some dialog going on dates. I'll start by proposing November 26th! This is the Saturday following Thanksgiving...

Here is a link to Carowinds cool interactive site for the event:

WINTERFEST!

I'll put together T-shirts for everyone too! So let's get an attendance list going also!

Whootaho ho ho!
Last edited by AMartin777 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

!!!!

I'm actually off that day, count me in! :D
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

JamminJ wrote:!!!!

I'm actually off that day, count me in! :D
whootah! :P Jay's not working for once! Be sure to dress in your Xmas attire Jay!
jazzej
Chicken Nugget

Sound like Fun

Post by jazzej »

Hey everyone; Maraha and I are planning on going to this also. We are probably going down and stay the weekend and do some shopping also. We will have to setup a time and place to meet.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Sound like Fun

Post by AMartin777 »

jazzej wrote:Hey everyone; Maraha and I are planning on going to this also. We are probably going down and stay the weekend and do some shopping also. We will have to setup a time and place to meet.
Sounds good Jason. Give me a call and we can setup a time and place to meet on the 26th. Whoot! 8)
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

So whats the deal here... are we gonna meet up somewhere or do I have to roam around the parking lot yelling MISTER MARTIN MISTER MARTIN. Really slacking man :lol: .
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

JamminJ wrote:So whats the deal here... are we gonna meet up somewhere or do I have to roam around the parking lot yelling MISTER MARTIN MISTER MARTIN. Really slacking man :lol: .
Okay, Okay! 8) This thing opens at 5:00 pm. Why don't we all try to meet around 3 for an early evening/ late afternoon lunch somewhere near the park. Then we can head over together. What do you guys think?
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I vote for Wild Wings.

Blue Cheese and Wings.... yummy! :D
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Are we not going to do the big thanksgiving meal or whatever it is that they have in the park?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Are we not going to do the big thanksgiving meal or whatever it is that they have in the park?
Oh, I'm sure we will feast on whatever they have in the park candy and chocolate wise but the meal there is 14.99 per person and it's first come first serve basis until filled to capacity. I personally would rather go to WildWings around 3pm and eat there then hit the park at 4:45 (So we don't miss the "lighting" at 5:00) and snack on chocolate, treats, etc.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I agree with you; the question now is, where exactly is the wings place?
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

I looked on their website (or what I presumed to be their website - http://www.buffalowildwings.com/index2.asp ? ) and neither Charlotte location looks to what I would call 'close' to the park. I hate to sound like the chronic complainer, but can't we just go to McAlisters Deli or something, I don't want to get anymore lost than I have to.. :?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

JamminJ wrote:I looked on their website (or what I presumed to be their website - http://www.buffalowildwings.com/index2.asp ? ) and neither Charlotte location looks to what I would call 'close' to the park. I hate to sound like the chronic complainer, but can't we just go to McAlisters Deli or something, I don't want to get anymore lost than I have to.. :?
We are planning to meet there at 3pm. Is that one of the locations that you pulled up on the website Jay? I think it's the Mocullah Drive location that we have been talking about. I will have to confirm which one first thing in the morning and I'll give Jonathan a call to confirm the location we will be going to. He can then call you and let you know Jay.

Wes, if you are reading this, which location did you have in mind? I could have sworn that there was a buffaloe wild wings right on the same road as the IHOP near the park. Am I wrong?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

OKAY! Let me clear up all the confusion concerning where we are meeting today! It IS NOT called BUFFALOE WILD WINGS it is called "Wild Wing Cafe" and it is on South Tryon and 485 Exit #1, go to the second light and take a left. The phone number for the place is: 1-980-297-7000. It is located right up Tryon from the IHOP where we meet for C3 Breakfasts. Hope this clears everything up for everyone and we will see you there! WHOOOOOTAH!!!! :) :)
JamminJ
Chicken of the World

Post by JamminJ »

OK that sounds good.. but if I don't see you guys by 3:30 I'm going to McAlisters... :lol: