2006 - Midwest Voyage

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:So what's the plan here? When are we leaving? When should I come up there? Are we doing Camden Park? etc etc
Well, I think we should leave about 8am Thursday. So, just be at the house by 8 ready to go. I think we should stop at Camden on the way up. We will have plenty of time.

BTW - Last count of pre-registers for Holiwood Nights: 1800
Jonathan, you owe me a case of beer!

Wes wrote:Just an FYI.

On the exit you get off on to go to Beech Bend is also the Corvette National Museum.

If you like cars it's really worth the couple bucks. I think it was something like $5-$6.

You can't miss it. It's a very funky looking building (for KY) I really enjoyed seeing it last year and it doesn't take but about 30 min to an hour to go through.
This sounds interesting to me I don't know about everybody else. I wouldn't mind checking it out. But when would we get the chance?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

According to who? The only place I've seen 1800 is unconfirmed internet rumors.

Also, hate to say I told you so Alan, but..
We'll be putting up our full report, photos, and video soon...but...this is not the #1 coaster on the planet. It is very good. Very good. It is probably in my top 10 wood, but I like Hades (and a few other domestic woodies) better.

Look for our TR soon!
-Elissa Alvey
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:According to who? The only place I've seen 1800 is unconfirmed internet rumors.
Yea, I know. Ted has heard 1200. I guess it's hard to know for sure unless it's official from HW. I am holding to my prediction of 1500 or more though. It's gonna be great no matter.

Yea, it's awesomefied that they took that trip and hit the park. Those are some great pics they've posted too! No surprise that they don't consider it their #1. Does the early trip mean that they won't be at the event?

So we leave at 8:00am? also, we gonna hit Camden on the way up?
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

http://www.themeparkreview.com/voyage/voyage1.htm

TPRs review is up.

Remember Jonathan...the Alveys are not "Coaster enthusiasts".
:roll:

They just have ridden 1000 of them for no reason. :P
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Call me completely crazy, but I think a brief visit to Kings Island may need to be considered. I believe all four of us now have a Carowinds pass, so we could get in free. According to Maps.com, it would only be 1.5 hours out of our way (10.5 hours from Franklinton to Santa Claus; 8.7 hours from Franklinton to Kings Mills and 3.3 from Kings Mills to Santa Claus).

Just something to ponder...
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Call me completely crazy, but I think a brief visit to Kings Island may need to be considered. I believe all four of us now have a Carowinds pass, so we could get in free. According to Maps.com, it would only be 1.5 hours out of our way (10.5 hours from Franklinton to Santa Claus; 8.7 hours from Franklinton to Kings Mills and 3.3 from Kings Mills to Santa Claus).

Just something to ponder...
Okay... You're Completely Crazy!

The only problem is... when? I would personally rather spend the extra time at HW on Friday... unless everyone wants to go up to KI early friday. The only problem with that is we would have to leave KI so early to get back in time for the event at HW it wouldn't really be worth the trip up to KI. We won't be getting in early enough on Thursday to make it up to KI. and going on Memorial day (for a brief time) would be insane! :?

The only chance, and maybe this is what you were getting at, is to drive straight through to KI. They are open till 8pm on Thursday night and have "Gold Pass Meal Deals" going on that day:

Gold Pass Meal Deals
Every May Operating Day
2006 Gold Passholders Only
No Coupon Necessary

It doesn't take long to get your money's worth out of a 2006 Gold Season Pass. Come twice and it pays for itself. Plus, you can use it to save on your meal purchases throughout the season. Check out this fantastic value package offered every operating day in April & May.

April & May Meal Deal - LaRosa's Pizza Family Pack - Just $27.99!

One Large Pizza
One Family-sized Salad
Four 16 oz. Coca-Cola Drinks
Just $27.99 with a 2006 Gold Pass!
Available at the International Street Pizza, Rivertown Pizza and Festhaus locations during regular operating days in April & May!

For a complete list of VIP Perks, Click Here!

Don't have a Gold Pass? Buy yours today and get a FREE upgrade to Gold! Plus, for a limited time a Four Pack of Gold Passes is the same price as three adults! Hurry, offer ends soon.

Then on to Santa Claus arriving there around 11:00 - 11:30.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Well, that was exactly what I meant. We would only have a couple hours in the park I'm sure, but it would still probably be worth it since the only money we would be spending would be the extra 90 miles of gas. Plus, riding Son of Beast and The Beast the day before going to Holiday World really makes you appreciate Raven, Legend, and Voyage that much more. :lol:

It could even be something that we decide on the fly. Keep an eye on what kind of time we are making, and once we start getting close to the point where we go one way to Kings Mills and one way to Santa Claus, make the decision.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Well, that was exactly what I meant. We would only have a couple hours in the park I'm sure, but it would still probably be worth it since the only money we would be spending would be the extra 90 miles of gas. Plus, riding Son of Beast and The Beast the day before going to Holiday World really makes you appreciate Raven, Legend, and Voyage that much more. :lol:

It could even be something that we decide on the fly. Keep an eye on what kind of time we are making, and once we start getting close to the point where we go one way to Kings Mills and one way to Santa Claus, make the decision.
Well, let's get everyone's opinion on this... but, if we do it, I think we should leave at 7:00 to buy ourselves the extra hour and we would need to be sure we leave on time.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Sounds good. It's not a big deal to me either way. I guess it's mainly up to Phil and John since they've never been before (I don't think).
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

From Paula:
>>> I'm hearing talk of well over 2000 people may be there??

You didn't hear it from me ...

It'll be our largest such event, but nowhere near that many.

Paula
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

AMartin777 wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Well, that was exactly what I meant. We would only have a couple hours in the park I'm sure, but it would still probably be worth it since the only money we would be spending would be the extra 90 miles of gas. Plus, riding Son of Beast and The Beast the day before going to Holiday World really makes you appreciate Raven, Legend, and Voyage that much more. :lol:

Well, let's get everyone's opinion on this... but, if we do it, I think we should leave at 7:00 to buy ourselves the extra hour and we would need to be sure we leave on time.
Well, looking at time and the fact that John doesn't have a season pass, I would say we just go straight to Santa Claus. Maybe we can find something interesting to hit on the way up there?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

I didn't even realize John didn't have a pass. If I had known that, I wouldn't have even suggested it. Guess we can take it a little easier on the drive now.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

You guys might want to look over this.

Our event ticket does NOT include Friday "day" admission. Only starting at 6:00.

http://holidayworld.com/clubs/
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Yes we realize that. You can get in Friday for like $19.99 or something.

By the way, looks like they added a bunch of info about the event:

HoliWood Nights for Dummies:
Here are a few tips. We're glad you're excited. Please try to get some sleep before Friday, though; it's a long event.

-The event includes Friday evening ERT, Saturday morning ERT, all-day Saturday admission, and Saturday evening ERT ... plus three meals
-The event price does not include all-day Friday admission
-If you'd like to also visit the park all day on Friday, ask for a "reverse Next Day ticket" when you pick up your registration packet; that ticket will be $19 per person
-On-site registration is $46.95
-On-site reg for season pass holders (who are also coaster club members) is $32.20
-Yes, we've ordered extra shirts
-If you didn't order a shirt and we don't have your size, we can order one
-No, you can't see the shirt before arriving at the park on Friday (it's tradition!)
-Yes, you must present your current, valid, up-to-date coaster club membership card at registration (cards that expired in 1993 are not considered valid)
-If you arrive after 4:00 pm CDT on Friday, you will be admitted into the park using your Friday ERT ticket
-On-site registration will be available starting 9:30 am CDT Friday; you may pick up your pre-registration packets from the Group Sales or Guest Relations window (look for a sign in the window) any time Friday or during any part of the event, including the ERT sessions
-The two evening ERT sessions will include two hours of Gobbler Getaway each night
-An auction, silent auction and sales table will be available on Saturday beginning at 7:00 pm CDT in the Good Old Days picnic grove
-All auction, silent auction, and sales table proceeds will be donated to the non-profit Santa Claus Museum here in town
-The sales table will include flags that have flown over The Raven and The Legend in past years (these are available first-come, first served)
-The sales table will also include $10 tickets for a lights-on, cameras-allowed ride through Gobbler Getaway (otherwise, cameras are not permitted on this ride)
-No cameras or cell phones on the coasters...ever
-No, we don't "staple," but lap bars will rest on your lap (or tum-tum, as the case may be)
-For the love of all that's precious...it's pronounced "HOLL-ih-wood" not "HOLY-wood"!
-You must wear your HoliWood Nights name badge on Saturday if you wish to take part in the Voyage photo walkback, which is at 4:00 pm CDT (we'll gather together in front of Gobbler Getaway)
-If you're staying at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, shuttle service will be provide at the end of ERT each evening; Saturday morning, you're on your own, though
-Mrs. Koch will hold a "book signing" in Voyage Photos & Gifts during the first hour of ERT on Friday
-No, the Voyage rugs in the shop aren't for sale
-For the Saturday morning ERT, we'll open Bahari, Bahari River, Jungle Racer and Zinga
-If you want a locker in the water park for the Saturday morning ERT, you must rent it from Locker Rental just inside the front gate (locker rental in Splashin' Safari won't be open at this time)
-If you plan on attending the Saturday morning ERT, you must stay in Splashin' Safari until the ERT's conclusion at 11:00 am CDT
-We're excited, too!

Guess they no longer have free lockers at the park. Remember to bring your swimsuits for Saturday! Since we're going to the park all day Friday and Saturday, I figure when the waterpark ERT ends at 11 we could do the rest of the waterpark since we'll have a jump start on the crowds.

Also, Camden Park admission is $18.99, and the park hours are 11 AM - 7:30 PM on Monday.