2006 - Midwest Voyage

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Here is the context of that post:
I wanted to give everyone a heads-up that Beech Bend Park announced during NoCoaster Con that they will host the First-Ever RUMBLEFEST on Sunday, May 28th.

Beech Bend will post the official information and a registration form on their website sometime this week.

Although this info is subject to change pending the official website update, here is the basic plan:

Date: May 28th
Registration Fee: Around $24.00, subject to change when the official flyer is posted.
Includes:
* All-day ride wristband for Sunday
* Dinner at 7:00PM for all attendees
* ERT on Three coasters (Wild Mouse, Brief Encounter and the KENTUCKY RUMBLER)

This is a good deal, since the basic all-day wristband by itself is $24.00. You'll be getting dinner and ??? hours of ERT for FREE, essentially.

ERT Times: Subject to change for the two steel coasters, but the RUMBLING begins at 8:00PM.

The RUMBLING will last until at least Midnight, but could go later depending on how many people wat to stick around.

Also, Chris Gray and Yours Truly from GCII will be operating the coaster during the RUMBLING, and we promise to make it a memorable evening.

I hope everyone has a chance to update their plans for that weekend. I understand there is some other kind of event the day before at some park nearby...

See everyone at RUMBLEFEST '06!

I am going to do whatever I have to do to try and make this event. If that means flying up to Louisville late Friday and missing the first part of the event, so be it. But this really sounds like an awesomefied weekend.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:I am going to do whatever I have to do to try and make this event. If that means flying up to Louisville late Friday and missing the first part of the event, so be it. But this really sounds like an awesomefied weekend.
Why don't we just tie this into our original plans? Or are you unable to make the Holiwood event due to classes? We could arrange to head up and still hit Indiana Beach then down to Holiwood then on to Rumblefest! This would shift our days slightly and would include the 29th to get back home. What do you think? :D
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

^ That's what I was thinking as well.

There's food involved so you know the ACErs have to be there!!!

And I found out that it will just be me going. Maybe Dave and I can ride up to Raleigh together? I'll be glad to drive and he can leave his car at my house if he wants to.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:^ That's what I was thinking as well.

There's food involved so you know the ACErs have to be there!!!

And I found out that it will just be me going. Maybe Dave and I can ride up to Raleigh together? I'll be glad to drive and he can leave his car at my house if he wants to.
Are you referring to Dave Drake?
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

That is about 8 hours out of my way if you where refering to me. Not sure I would want to almost pass by my exit on the way from Raleigh. If I was driving along I would just meet up with you guys on the way through Asheville, but since I am using some airline miles. I will just meet up with you gues at Holiday World.

I am flying into Indianapolis either that thursday or friday. Not sure what day. I am planning on stopping by the Indy Zoo the day I fly in. I will make my way down to Santa Clause that friday afternoon. I am planning on stay at the Beumont Inn.

I will head up to Beech Bend that sunday morning and fly out sometimes that monday.
Last edited by coasterdave on Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

^ you beat me to it. I wasn't sure where you lived in SC, so that answers that.

Oh and eye candy...

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/holiblog.html

*drool* Yikes that first drop looks scary and the shot at the bottom of the banked turn!

So is Voyage going to be your 100th Alan?
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

No I live in Hendersonville, NC.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:So is Voyage going to be your 100th Alan?
That would be awesomefied if I can work it out. I'll have to take a long look at my current count and try to figure a way to make Voyage #100. If not, it's no big deal. :roll:
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Here is my planned Itinerary for the trip:

I'm getting a rental car for the trip.

Thursday, May 25th - Leave and travel to Santa Claus, IN.

Friday, May 26th - Spend day at HolidayWorld - 6pm Holidwood Nights
event begins

Saturday, May 27th - Spend day at HolidayWorld - Holiwood Nights
continues

Sunday, May 28th - Spend day at Beech Bend "Kentucky Rambler" event.

Monday, May 29th - Travel back to Raleigh

Monday is Memorial Day so I have the day off from work anyway! WHOOTAH! I left out Indiana Beach. Just to far to go in the time allotted.

I have already secured hotel reservations (they can be modified of course) for both Santa Claus, IN for 3 nights and Bowling Green, KY for one night. I have arranged for (2) guests, 2 double-beds in each room. I can modify these reservations as needed once we start getting a firm grip on who will be traveling with me.

give me some feedback on all this!
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

It looks as though this is what is going to happen for me:

A) I get the internship in Charlotte that I am hoping to get this summer.

In this event, I would hopefully be able to get Thursday and Friday off (I'm assuming they would be closed Monday for Memorial Day), and then I could join you on the trip. If not Thursday, then hopefully at least I could get Friday off, or leave work early, and fly into Louisville, and find some sort of transportation to Holiday World. Then I could join you for the remainder of the trip.

B) I don't get the internship, and I will be taking classes at NC State this summer.

In this case, I would try to fly out of Raleigh to Louisville or another airport in the area as soon as my class ends on Friday. Then I could hopefully find some sort of transportation to Holiday World for the event Friday night, and I could join you for the remainder of the trip (there are no classes on Memorial Day).

In either event, I am hoping to go to the two events.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:It looks as though this is what is going to happen for me:

A) I get the internship in Charlotte that I am hoping to get this summer.

In this event, I would hopefully be able to get Thursday and Friday off (I'm assuming they would be closed Monday for Memorial Day), and then I could join you on the trip. If not Thursday, then hopefully at least I could get Friday off, or leave work early, and fly into Louisville, and find some sort of transportation to Holiday World. Then I could join you for the remainder of the trip.

B) I don't get the internship, and I will be taking classes at NC State this summer.

In this case, I would try to fly out of Raleigh to Louisville or another airport in the area as soon as my class ends on Friday. Then I could hopefully find some sort of transportation to Holiday World for the event Friday night, and I could join you for the remainder of the trip (there are no classes on Memorial Day).

Well, let's hope that the internship goes through for you so you can join in the trip from the beginning. BTW - I have booked the first three nights at the Xmas hotel place right there at HolidayWorld. I forget what it's called exactly.... How soon will you know about this Internship?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Probably gonna be a while. Registration for classes is in March, so HOPEFULLY by the end of March I will have my summer plans set.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Just a FYI the Owensburro Days Inn is $35 a night and supposedly pretty nice. It is about 30 minutes from the park, though, from what I hear (and then about an hour from Beech Bend).
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Just a FYI the Owensburro Days Inn is $35 a night and supposedly pretty nice. It is about 30 minutes from the park, though, from what I hear (and then about an hour from Beech Bend).
46 minutes drive time from there to HW... according to Mapblast. That can be an alternative once we nail down exactly who's going.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I'm sure I could arrange to drive into Louisville and pick you up if you had to fly in. You would want to get a flight arriving as early as possible on the Friday.