2006 - Midwest Voyage

Have something cool coming up you want to do? Have an idea of something we should do? Want to join us at our next outing? Come here and find out what's going on where!

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:Ok...here's the deal now.

The guys I was going to ride with aren't sure if they are going to stay for Beech Bend, and I definetley want to ride that.

So do you guys still have room for one other person?

Is the same plan in place ?? (Leave Thurs, Fri/Sat @ Holiday World, Sunday Beech Bend... Monday drive home)

Also, is the hotel sold out at Holiday World???
Well Wes, we have four people riding the whole trip now so I'm afraid we don't have any room left going or coming back. At this point it's going to be Jon and his roomy, John and myself.

Santa's Lodge still has rooms available but they are going fast. If you want to stay there you better jump on it.

Sorry about the ride but maybe you can find somebody that is headed that way from the Charlotte area.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

^ No problem. Thanks for letting me know though.

oh and a little birdy just dropped this off on another site...

http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com/Kentucky_Rumbler.html

What the heck! They got to ride Rumbler!!!
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Looks like Legend is getting some trackwork done.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Jonathan wrote:Image

Looks like Legend is getting some trackwork done.
Awesomfied! My second favorite coaster in the whole world is getting some love! :oops:
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

So what are you guys planning for that Friday?

It looks like I'll be driving up by myself and was wondering if you guys would be going to SFKK for Friday morning?

I've got a six flags season pass so of course I get in free :).
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:So what are you guys planning for that Friday?

It looks like I'll be driving up by myself and was wondering if you guys would be going to SFKK for Friday morning?

I've got a six flags season pass so of course I get in free :).
Well Wes, we havn't decided what we are doing on Friday yet. We've tossed around several ideas: KK, HW and some other local things to see possibly. We need to make a decision before long though.

The biggest challege we have left is trying to convince Chicken to go ON THE f^%#ing TRIP! :evil: :evil:
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Well I would go to Six Flags Redneck Kingdom that friday but I will be stopping by on the 5th of May. It is sorta on the way home from the Media Day for the newest Gravity Group Coaster to open.

And I think Chicken should go.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Well maybe SFKK is not a bad idea for that friday after it is all said and done. I had to change my plans for that friday since I am heading out to Beech Bend for their Media Day now. And it looks like I might be one of the winners of that ebay auction for the one hour ERT on Voyage opening day (Saturday). GUess I will have my fill of Voyage in the month of May.

So where is the meet up friday at? We have SFKK or ?

I heard that someone got an e-mail from a certain PR Lady? I wonder if Chicken is going now?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

yes it is true. Paula Werne herself, the Public Relations manager from Holiday World emailed me. The contents said simply:

"ummmm ... Just come ok?"

I would love to go, however I do not belive I can do so financially. Despite the trip only costing whatever it would cost, it's not free. And whatever the trip costs needs to go to repay a $3000 engine replacement for my car. I would only know if i could go when the time gets sooner and i see where my bills stand, but by then it would be too late anyway. So go on, dont feel bad. I'll see you at carowinds or kings dominon next time (season pass!)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Well, the registration deadlines for the events are not until May 8th, and you can still register the day of the event (for a higher price), so I wouldn't quite rule it out yet.
MarkT
Chicken Little

Post by MarkT »

You know what sucks? Having to work that Thursday and driving up there after work and not geting in untill around 10ish.
Last edited by MarkT on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

MarkT wrote:You know what sucks? Having to work that Thursday and driving up there after work and not geting in untill around 10ish.
Nice to know you'll be going Mark! We need to be sure that we meet up at somepoint and get our group together.

Will you be going to the event at Beech Bend also?

BTW - Glad to see we got you onto the boards! : :)
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

radial wrote:yes it is true. Paula Werne herself, the Public Relations manager from Holiday World emailed me. The contents said simply:

"ummmm ... Just come ok?"

I would love to go, however I do not belive I can do so financially. Despite the trip only costing whatever it would cost, it's not free. And whatever the trip costs needs to go to repay a $3000 engine replacement for my car. I would only know if i could go when the time gets sooner and i see where my bills stand, but by then it would be too late anyway. So go on, dont feel bad. I'll see you at carowinds or kings dominon next time (season pass!)
Well, I'm going to leave the room reservations open through May 8th in case you can work it out to go. No, it wouldn't be free but I think it would cost you around $180.00 total to make the trip. That's including pretty much everything so take the time to at least consider it. I understand about your car too though. Have you thought about just trading it in for value toward another car? They would probably give you a decent amount for it and pay off the remainder of your payments in the process. You get a newer car and at less overall cost than buying a new engine for the car you have. Just food for thought. :)
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

No one can give me a good reason to get a new car. I owe just less than 4000 on my current car. If it costs 2200 for a new engine, and the blue book of my car is around 4000-4500 then a dealership would give me 4000-4500 minus 2200. This is assuming the dealership eats the labor to replace the engine and i get full blue book of the car. So, i get about 2000 bucks credit to pay off my current loan, leaving me still owing 2000 more. I could roll that into a new car loan and then owe 2000 plus a new car and payments for 5 years.

To get a used car that is in as good condition as my current car already (minus the engine problem) with all the features that I have on it would be around 6-8 thousand. investing 3000 into my own car to put a engine thats like 1/8th the mileage of the old one seems like a better investment to me.

People that have money to burn might buy a new car and trash the old one. Unlike the rest of America i'm also considering the impact to the environment by trashing something that doesnt need to be trashed. My next car investment will probabaly be a hybrid, or whatever technology is available at that time.

If my computer's mainboard were to fry and everything else seemed to work fine, i'd replace the mainboard, not buy everything else for no reason.