John's Turkish adventure

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

Are Turkish Women exotic looking?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:05 am

Heck Yes! They are gorgeous!
100%
They can be cute.
No votes
They are okay?
No votes
No thanks! I am not interested in Turkish women!
No votes

Total votes: 1

RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

John's Turkish adventure

Post by RW&SBGuy »

Hello Whootah Crew

Just wanted to let everyone know that I made it over here! :D It was a ten hour flight and seven hour time difference. So needless to say I am still adjusting! :roll: It looks like I will be on day shift. Don't know how often I will be able to visit off base yet? I will keep you all posted! I just bought a digital camera so I will take some pictures off base if possible! I saw a Turkish woman leaving the base exchange and she was awesomefied looking! :twisted: I think I will like it over here. We are staying in Tin City! The dorms are made out of metal. The rooms have bunk beds, lockers and couches. Not too bad; better than tents! I will post tomorrow if possible! Bye for now!

John

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Glad to see you made it OK. Be sure to e-mail me those pics (if you can). I'll post them under the pics area on Whootah!

Let us know if you need us to send you anything that you can't get there. Don't worry, we will take good care of your house while your gone! :wink: :twisted:
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

it's Johnny!
Great to hear things are not so bad. However, the poll is misleading. We can not accurately vote on wether Turkish women are hot or not without some pictures of Turkish women! A quick google search turns up some Turkish women, however judging from those pictures, those women may have been hot only if it was 30 years ago.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Excellent
Always Dreaming
Chicken Of The Sea

Need pics.....

Post by Always Dreaming »

Must see turkish women, however you would think Radial would be opposed to Turkish women over Chicken Women (I'm sure you can find some pics of anthros out there if you look, but I'm to afraid to try).
.... its the fall of rain, the rumble of thunder. Its your quote, your fervor. And in a moment, a chance, you realize. You don't have a damned choice....
RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Hello Again from Turkey

Post by RW&SBGuy »

Hey Whootah Crew!

The last two days has been pretty busy. Between moving into our new rooms and learning the outlay of the base and the job responsibilities over here, I haven't had time to post until today. Our new rooms are alot better, they have refrigerators, microwaves, cable TV and DVD/VCR combos. I will take some pictures of the barracks. We are on 12 hour shifts and our travel offbase is restricted! :( Pictures on base are really restricted but I should be able to get some pics on the down-low. I should have Thursday off. I plan to go to the alley, which is right off base. There should be some good shops there and some good restaurants to eat at. Also Thursday the Washington RedSkin cheerleaders are coming to the base! 8) Yesterday they had turkey at the chow hall! I was going to get turkey but I past it up for steak. I am sure I will have the opportunity again to eat Turkey in Turkey! I miss all of you and will see you all in 28 days!
See you all soon!! Bye
John

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Hello Again from Turkey

Post by AMartin777 »

RW&SBGuy wrote:Hey Whootah Crew!

Also Thursday the Washington RedSkin cheerleaders are coming to the base! 8) Yesterday they had turkey at the chow hall! I was going to get turkey but I past it up for steak. I am sure I will have the opportunity again to eat Turkey in Turkey! John
Well, after checking out this site and this one I would have to say that I am envious.

Dude, you HAVE to eat turkey in Turkey how rediculous and cool is that?

Get those pics up on the site when you can or just e-mail them along and we'll post them. Otherwise, we'll post them when you return! Have fun. Don't forget to scope for any parks/coasters if you get the chance. That would be a rare credit indeed!
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

American women in Turkey dont count as hot Turkish women, however. Regardless, at least John got to see some women. And John, right now your house is still standing. Havent done too much damage to it yet. Ahh well. Have fun, keep us posted as to your wild turkey run!
RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Funny Things that have happened to me while in Turkey!

Post by RW&SBGuy »

Whootah crew

The first day in the dorms, I forgot to switch the voltage switch on my 110/220 am/fm radio alarm clock. Needless to say after a few minutes, the alarm clock began to smoke and ceased to function. :( Luckily it was a BX special that I got for $5. Of course the BX over here ran out of cheap radio/alarm clocks. For a couple of nights I had to use the alarm on my watch and on my cell phone. My cell phone battery was dying and I forgot to bring the recharger! Luckily I found a cheap alarm clock at the shopette.

The second day at work, I was putting a pallet of water bottles on the truck and one of the back tires of the 10K forklift left the cement surface. The back tire dug itself in the dirt, so the forklift was stuck. :oops: This Turkish fellow who works next door volunteered to help me get the forklift unstuck. He had a jack and a piece of metal board to prop under the tire. Suddenly my roommate showed up at my work center. He is a vehicle operator. He lowered the forks on the forklift and shifted between forward and reverse gears. He got the forklift unstuck. :D Whootah! I thought I might have to call vehicle ops to pull me out.
Later that same day we delivered the pallet of water to base operations. While I was cutting the plastic wrap free, I knicked one of the bottles with the blade of the box cutter. Water started squirting from the bottle and hit me in the face. I had to wipe of my glasses because they were all wet. I removed the offending bottle and proceeded to drink its contents. This bootle got some of the neighboring bottles wet. The Colonel helped us unload the bottles. He thought the bottles were leaking because he got wet while picking up one of the cases. We explained what happened! :o It just wasn't my day!

The third day at work, maintenance needed some bolts, nuts and washers to fix a part on the plane. We didn't have these items in our warehouse or our kits. The active duty personnel here also did not have them. My maintenance chief wanted me to talk to the Turkish Supply person here. So I found the building and parked out front. A Turkish Airman met me at the door. I tried to explain that I wanted to know if they could supply me with these parts. I gave him my piece of paper with the stock numbers I was seeking. I don't think that he spoke english and I don't speak Turkish. Needless to say he took me to three or four offices in the building. Finally I found their supply person. He was very nice and spoke some english. He looked up the stock numbers in their system and only the washers were available. The washers would do us little good without the nuts and bolts. I told him I would speak to our maintenance chief and let him know how we wanted to proceed. He didn't understand what I was saying so he brought his friend into the room. His friend spoke english very well. They didn't want me to leave. They wanted to be co-operative and supply me with the washers. They volunteered to call my maintenance chief. They called several numbers and couldn't reach anyone. I didn't want to be rude but I wanted to leave. They were nice and professional. So finally they let me go and gave me their contact information if we wanted the washers. I have had nice experiences with the Turkish people that I have encountered thus far.

Today, I accidently left my room key in the room. :evil: Luckily my roommate only worked half a day today. We plan on visiting the alley later on this afternoon. Tonight the cheerleaders are coming to the base. Whootah!
My co-worker found two playboy magazines in our office. The gaurd guys denied ownership of these two magazines. So she gave them to me! Whootah! There are some good looking women between those covers.
I will post again soon. I will try to take some pictures today when we go off base. Bye for now. John

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Why do these things always happen when I can't get my camera on them? Geesh!

Glad to hear things are *ahem* going well for you over there! I hope you got some pics of those cheerleaders with your new digicam! ;) It may be time for you to pick up "Read n Speak Turkish in 10 days" at the BX. After all, if you get to leave base, your gonna wanna brush up on your compliments.

Things are the usual here. TCOJH 2 is going well. We hope to have it complete before you get back.

Thanks for the update... keep em coming! Hey, if you see any fake rolex's BUY ME ONE!!!! I'll pay you back!... :roll:
Barbara554
Chicken Little

Post by Barbara554 »

Hi John. Sorry I haven't replied until now. I see that you have been having a good time.. getting forklifts stuck, exploding water bottles... :lol:
Hopefully you have had all of your bad luck for awhile. Production on TCOJH2 is coming along pretty well. All I have to say about it so far is....boys with their toys and too much time on their hands. :roll: Just kidding, well..maybe not! :) Stay out of trouble now, ok? And don't worry about your house, we're taking care of it.
Barbara
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Hey Johnny! Did you get the e-mail with my phone # and E-mail addy? I sent it as a reply to the e-mail you sent me. It went to your college e-mail address. Hope you read this and you got the e-mail. Stay safe big guy!
Always Dreaming
Chicken Of The Sea

Just thought I could Chime In As Well

Post by Always Dreaming »

Just saying Hi John, this is Scott. Glad to hear that everything is going well, except as Barb pointed out in the form of stuck forklifts and exploding waterbottles. Enjoy the cheerleaders or if they've already come and gone then I hope you enjoyed the cheerleaders. Please bring back plenty of pictures, it would be cool to see them. And just like Alan had a request, I've got one. Could you bring me back a turkish coin, I'll pay you what its worth if you want.
BTW Lantern's waiting eagerly to smash through more of your sucky monsters. :D
Well regardless stay safe and get back to us from your little foreign adventure. Bye.
.... its the fall of rain, the rumble of thunder. Its your quote, your fervor. And in a moment, a chance, you realize. You don't have a damned choice....