Best Kings Island rant I've seen...

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Best Kings Island rant I've seen...

Post by bgwfreak777 »

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2007/ ... ak-in-july

I just had to laugh and approve of all that he said. It's about half way down the page...

The park has really gone to pot. Sad.
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

Aww, it's blocked at work for me. Can you post the text, Wes?
AKA the bearded dude
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Sure thing. Weird how your firewall blocks a lot of stuff! lol
The following is a completely unnecessary aside, but some venting is needed. The above article is over and I will now devolve into petty ranting.

It does my heart good to see Kings Island so far down the list, which probably got a lot of its visits from Kentucky, since they didn't seem to care that my family and I had a rather miserable experience for $50 a piece.

I explained to Gregory Scheid, Vice President and General Manager of Kings Island, that after the cost of gas to get there, the price of parking, the price of admission, the price of food, the price of locker rentals, the price of hauling three 14 year-olds around, which equates to somewhere around $500 contributed to the cause of adolescent fun, we were all quite disappointed that half a dozen rides were closed (out of the 15 or so we were interested in riding) with still a third of the evening left.

Basically, it went this way: Drop Zone malfunctions after we've been in line for an hour, stranding a bunch of people at the top; Son of Beast sent a bunch of people to the hospital a few weeks before and is still under investigation; we leave Drop Zone and go to that spinny one next to it I can't remember, but it's closed; we leave there for Tomb Raider, closed; for White Water Canyon, closed; and finally to Firehawk, which is closed, before we decide to complain.

The PR girl at guest services was sweet and powerless, but was certain we'd get free tickets if we complained to management.

This was management's response:

We were able to open Firehawk and Drop Zone later in the evening after the electrical issues were repaired however Tomb Raider and White Water were not opened until the next day. With the exception of Firehawk being down earlier in the day for 65 minutes, we experienced very little down time of this specific day up until the electrical spike.

We do take guest concerns seriously and appreciate your comments.

Regards,

Gregory Scheid

Too bad. Guess I'll check out Kentucky Kingdom next time.
By "spinny one" I'm assuming he means Delerium...or Break Down - The Ride!

I hope he doesn't go on the drop ride at SFKK. :shock:
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah good luck with Kentucky Kingdom
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

bgwfreak777 wrote:Sure thing. Weird how your firewall blocks a lot of stuff! lol
Yeah, it does. I guess they don't want their nuclear secrets getting out or any youtube vidoes or pictures from photobucket or flickr getting in!
AKA the bearded dude