Attention John Water's Fans!

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Attention John Water's Fans!

Post by tomizzle »

Hey guys, here in Columbia, SC, there is a small inde theater here called the Nickelodeon (I had both of my films shown there) and on Nov 3rd, we are bringing John Waters here to do is one man show. I personally LOVE John Waters, and if you want more info check out http://www.nickelodeon.org. There is an afterparty also if you get those tix, where you can hang with Mr. Waters for shizzle!

Holla
Tommy
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

Ok i'd have to admit I have no idea who John Waters is without searching the interents
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Nor do I
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

O M G!

Jonathan, you ARE in film school right? John Waters...director and writer of Hairspray, Pink Flamingos, Serial Mom, Cry Baby, Pecker, more and more. He is an inde film icon!

You must read his book Shockvalue...especially if you are into making your own films. Seriously, it's a must.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Well I would hardly call NC State's film department film school, but sometimes I like to pretend it is.

I will take this under consideration.
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

Jonathan wrote:Well I would hardly call NC State's film department film school, but sometimes I like to pretend it is.
Ahahahahaha! :lol:
AKA the bearded dude
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

Yeah, the same could be said about USC (carolina) but it has improved. I wonder if Sally Strothers has a film course to go with the TV/VCR repair course at her correspondence school?
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

Jonathan, I'll get you a copy of Pink Flamingos. Its the ultimate trailer trash movie. Its worth it JUST for the final scene alone.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

No need; I've got it downloading right now. Completely legal of course...
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

I want to hear your opinion of the last scene. A nice bowl of tootsie rolls go with that last scene.
tomizzle
Chicken Of The Sea

Post by tomizzle »

And remember Jonathan, it's all real. And this was done WAY back in the day. You know peeps were all WTF?