New Carowinds Season Pass Deal

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

New Carowinds Season Pass Deal

Post by AMartin777 »

I think it might finally be time to consider getting some passes for this year. I just received a new flyer in the mail indicating that now you get:

Free parking for the rest of '08
Unlimited admission to Scarowinds
Some early entry days to park and/or water park

And... if 4 or more of us band together, we can get them for 59.95 each.

Granted, you still don't get admission to any other parks but at this price, with Scarowinds and parking thrown in, I feel it's probably finally worth it. Anyone else interested in going in with me to get the discounted price?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: New Carowinds Season Pass Deal

Post by radial »

i'd consider this at 60 bucks
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Tempting, but I still don't think I'm sold on it. C3 is about $25 more without a season pass, and you get free parking, so now you're down to $35 to spend. General admission is $45, and if you have an ACE membership you can get in for $30, not to mention the fact that it seems like every single year I end up with like 10 free tickets to the park from various sources that go unused because everyone I know has a season pass. I don't even know that i have any interest in going to the park this year other than C3. I'll probably just save that $35 toward a day at Kings Dominion (which does have a "new" coaster) or Busch Gardens.

If you need a 4th, though, somebody could probably end up talking me into it.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I'm in the strange situation where I actually have a little extra spending money this year, and yet I really still dont' want to buy the pass. I won't go back into all that I've already said before, but I think I'll pass and just use that money to go ride Cliff Hanger. At least I'll get one credit in North Carolina this year. :lol:
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

It must be pretty bad for carowinds for a fan to have extra money to buy a pass and they still don't want to buy it.

As I've thought about this more, I'd really want to be able to go to both Carowinds and Kings Dominion, but not for $150. Adding parking and Scarowinds and things are only marketing attempts to justify the increase in cost. These items should be included in a season pass anyway. I don't think I'm willing to spend $60 on such attempts. Perhaps when they realize their numbers aren't as strong as previous years they'll wonder why.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

It really does alienate anyone who lives in the Triangle area, which I have to imagine is a market that is somewhat substantial for them. There should be a pass that is good only at Carowinds and Kings Dominion IMO. But that would make too much sense. Living right in between both parks, I'm not willing to pick between the two. YOU HAVE TO MAKE A CHOICE. CAROWINDS OR KINGS DOMINION. ONCE YOU'VE CHOSEN THAT'S THE ONE YOU CAN GO TO.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Cedar Fair doesnt' have a clue I guess.

Paramount apparantly was giving away the parks. :roll:

And don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate the park or anything it's just like said above, I'd like to be able to go to KD as well and I'm not paying $140 for that priveledge. I think with the small investment in the park this year, we can bet that their numbers will drop. Especially season passes.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I think the reason I am considering this is because:

It includes parking at all Cedar Fair parks... 2 trips to Carowinds (opening day and C3) + 2 trips to King's Dominion (June event and July 4th) = 30 dollars saved in parking. (C3 is free parking anyway)

Unlimited admission to Scarowinds = Not a big deal to me but still a savings on the ticket and again... parking.

Just not sure what to do... :?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Looks like this one died in committee. :?
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

I'm still considering . . . But if I can go with you guys to KD I imagine I'll pass on the Carowinds pass.
AKA the bearded dude
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

chargercrazy wrote:I'm still considering . . . But if I can go with you guys to KD I imagine I'll pass on the Carowinds pass.
Might as well. You can just join us for the event at KD.