WesWii

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

WesWii

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Yes it's true, I finally got my Wii!

It took me 3 months to the date I played John's for the first time. 12-31-07 - 03-31-08 :lol:

I think this is a Gen 2 model or something as well. The remote comes with a cool little skin that makes it easier to hold and something else seems to be different than John's model, but I can't recall what it is now.

I got Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games last night and started playing it too. My arm is sore already. :lol:
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: WesWii

Post by AMartin777 »

Cool Wes! Take and post some pics of your new machine! :)
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

As requested...

Here's my brand spanking new Wii ready to jump out of the box. Yes, some of us don't have one of those fancy High Def TV thingys. But I stil love my Sony.

I didn't actually take any pics of the Wii. :oops: :lol:

Don't you hear him saying "Play me Wes! Play me!"

What do I do with these?

First game I purchased (not the rental)

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I'm a bit behind, but i got the Wii Fit about 10 days ago and like it a lot. Looking foward to the other games besides We Ski that will use it.

Also just bought 2 more games for it through reward points at the bank.

Has anyone played Super Paper Mario, and is it any good?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:I'm a bit behind, but i got the Wii Fit about 10 days ago and like it a lot. Looking foward to the other games besides We Ski that will use it.

Also just bought 2 more games for it through reward points at the bank.

Has anyone played Super Paper Mario, and is it any good?
New games wes:

Boom Blox - BUY BUY BUY!- This is one of the most original and fun games made for this machine!

Mario Kart Wii - BUY BUY BUY! - FUN FUN FUN (HARD) BUT VERY FUN and the online playing component kicks a$$!

Super Paper Mario - BUY! - It's really good and a nice compromise between 3D and platform styles.

Wii Ski - I like it alot. (it will wear your a$$ out though... which is a good thing when your as out of shape as me! :)
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I ended up going nostalgic and getting what looks like a decent pinball game, (it has a bunch of the old Williams layouts which is cool as I wasted tons of $$$ in pinball machines growing up), Thrillville and also Ben 10. Which I know is a kids show, but I like the show so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I did quite nicely with my points, got about 5 new cds, 3 Wii games, 2008 Norton software, and 1 DVD set for Dad's birthday. All in all probably $200-$250 worth of stuff.

Looking forward to hearing the B-52's new album (one of the ones I got). Their first CD since 1992.

I've tried 1 golf game (Super swing golf or something like that) and also 1 the AMF bowling game. Both sucked! I don't know what drugs they were on when they programed them, but they sucked bad.

I kinda wish Nintendo would do a Wii Sports 2.0 or something like that, and give you more options. Like I wish I could play more holes than the 9 on Wii Sports.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Got a Wii question Alan since you seems to play with John's Wii more than he does. ;)

Isn't there a way to hook it up to high def tvs so that it shows in high resolution? Is there an extra cord you have to use, or run it out of one of the USB ports?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

You can buy an HDMI cable, but I'm not sure there's any point since to my knowledge the Wii does not support HD
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:Got a Wii question Alan since you seems to play with John's Wii more than he does. ;)

Isn't there a way to hook it up to high def tvs so that it shows in high resolution? Is there an extra cord you have to use, or run it out of one of the USB ports?
The Wii's standard output is composite video and most HD TVs have composite inputs that you can use to connect it. It won't deliver High-Def of course but the Wii can be set to a 16:9 aspect ratio so that it utilizes more real-estate on an HD TV screen. This is what John and Phil does with it when they play over at Phil's on his HDTV.

Jonathan is right about the HDMI.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

AMartin777 wrote:
bgwfreak777 wrote:Got a Wii question Alan since you seems to play with John's Wii more than he does. ;)

The Wii's standard output is composite video and most HD TVs have composite inputs that you can use to connect it. It won't deliver High-Def of course but the Wii can be set to a 16:9 aspect ratio so that it utilizes more real-estate on an HD TV screen. This is what John and Phil does with it when they play over at Phil's on his HDTV.

Jonathan is right about the HDMI.
Ahh gotcha. For some reason it looked a lot better on his tv, I know it's high-def so I wasn't sure if it somehow was high def compatible. Thx.
chargercrazy
Exotic Chicken

Post by chargercrazy »

I bought a Wii for Wanda and she plays Mario Galaxy all the time. We also have the Smash Brothers game but we haven't played it yet. I'm looking at getting the Lego Indiana Jones game. Is it any good? And what exactly is Boom Blox?

The only thing I don't like about the Wii is that the EA Sports games suck on it. I've read countless reviews saying that NCAA Football 2009 was bought and returned on the same day because it was so bad.

Maybe I'll get me an Xbox 360 . . . .
AKA the bearded dude
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Boom Blox is a ton of fun, I bought mine the day after playing it at Alan's place.

It's kinda like attacking someone else's fort and getting all gems and such in battle mode.

There is a one player mode as well where you do an adventure type story. I've gotten stuck on one of the levels and can't get past it. And the thing is that you have to beat each to unlock the next.

I really want the Guitar Hero for the Wii, but will wait until it has the drums and mike like Rock Band has. It supposed to be out around Christmas I think. I love Rock Band too.
montumax
Chicken on a Stick

Post by montumax »

Carnival Games is my favourite.

I've got the Resident Evil game but haven't been motivated to play it. I haven't used the zapper much except for the one time I played Links Crossbow Training.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

I finally just ordered Mario Kart.

Still haven't had the extra funds though to get the wifi setup in the house. Hopefully after some Christmas funds roll my way I will.

haven't had a whole lot of time to play lately anyway.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Hello from Wiiland, ilove the Wii browser on this thing. post your Wii code when you get a sec