Deer + Night + Road = Damage

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Deer + Night + Road = Damage

Post by coasterdave »

Here is the story and a good one it is. I was in C-Town for a concert Saturday and was heading back after a heck raising of a show. I was coming up I-26 and out of nowhere came the deer. There was nothing I could do except say holy unknown what! It impacted the driver's front headlight full force. Somehow the forward momentum of the deer was stopped but the back of it was flung around and missed the door but slammed into the bed of the truck near where the cab and bed start. It left one heck of a dent in the side. I saw the deer shrug it off and head into the woods thinking that is one tough SOB.

Got home and filed a claim within 21 minutes of the great deer clash. I guess I know how Phil feels about deer. I just hope that when it is fixed that it does not attract another one of those critters. WIll post pics when it gets morning.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Re: Deer + Night + Road = Damage

Post by Jonathan »

Holy hell it walked away?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

coasterdave wrote:Here is the story and a good one it is. I was in C-Town for a concert Saturday and was heading back after a heck raising of a show. I was coming up I-26 and out of nowhere came the deer. There was nothing I could do except say holy unknown what! It impacted the driver's front headlight full force. Somehow the forward momentum of the deer was stopped but the back of it was flung around and missed the door but slammed into the bed of the truck near where the cab and bed start. It left one heck of a dent in the side. I saw the deer shrug it off and head into the woods thinking that is one tough SOB.

Got home and filed a claim within 21 minutes of the great deer clash. I guess I know how Phil feels about deer. I just hope that when it is fixed that it does not attract another one of those critters. WIll post pics when it gets morning.
Well, first of all I'm glad your ok Dave. whootah! Deer do not usually walk away from these things. :shock: It sucks about the damage though. :cry:
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

That deer did about $2500 worth of damage, I get a whole new driver's side from fender to the bed of the truck replaced. The truck goes in the shop wednesday morning for about 10 days.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

So....uhhh....Dave.... how was um..... media day at HRP? (Sorry, just had to be facetious since I spoke with Jonathan and he filled me in on your FUp email) :evil:
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

LOL!!!

I am sure Media Day was great. I know Wes was there for sure. Guess he got the right info on the correct days to go.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

They sent the wrong dates? Well that's screwed up.

I liked the park, but I wasn't overly blown away by it. It needs a lot more rides, but I know that will take time.

501 was a mess. We made great time from Charlotte (74/38/501) and then the dumb DOT decides to close a lane and backup traffic for miles. They even had signs saying to take an alternate route, but there's no road that goes to Hard Rock other than 501. :roll:

I'll write a report soon, but overall the park was just OK to me. I won't be going back until they add a good bit more and Maximum RPM is working. Glad I got in free. ;)
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

I know your pain

And I bet the deer knows all about pain now too