Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Post by coasterdave »

So with the Holiday weekend coming up I was wondering what everyone is doing during the long weekend. I know some of you have an extra day or two off. I know where Jon is going to be somewhere in Europe chasing wild European Woman.

I am going on a coaster trip myself. I am setting out Thursday morning to head to Texas/Oklahoma. Just an outline of the weekend:

Thursday: head to Beaumont, Texas
Friday: Visit a friend in Beaumont Low Corrections till noon and head to Arlington for Six Flags Over Texas that night (2 new coasters)
Saturday: Head to Frontier City (4 coasters) in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for opening at 10:30 am, the head to Wonderland (3 new coasters) in Amarillo, Texas, and finish the day at Joyland (2 coasters) in Lubbock, Texas
Sunday: Seaworld (1 coaster), Six Flags Fiesta Texas (2), Dixie Landing in Baton Rouge, LA (3 coasters)

#400 should be Goliath at Fiesta Texas.

Looking at about 3500 miles roundtrip with a total drive time around 5o plus hours all by myself. Biggest expense will be Gas and was luck enough to priceline all the hotels I am staying at plus a rental car. One day I will be to old to do a trip like this but .....wel that is afew years off. I have to thank the IRS and Bush for helping me take this trip, i am doing what they want me to do is spend that money.

So what is everyone else doing this weekend?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Memorial Day Weekend Plans?

Post by radial »

Friday through Sunday I'll be in Durham, NC. Scott will join me fri, sat and sunday, John will join us on sat. http://animazement.org/

Sunday the crew is heading out to our local Wild Wings and to see the new indy flick for John's birthday.

Monday I have off. no plans. Probably will stay home and work on about 1500 pictures taken over the weekend.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Nothing really for me. I'm boring.

Trying to use as little gas as possible these days. lol
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

bgwfreak777 wrote:Nothing really for me. I'm boring.

Yea, the gas thing really sucks! None-the-less, you really should consider coming up for the weekend. You could stay Sunday night and head back on Monday (assuming your off on Monday)... Hey, maybe you could take the train this time too?
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

AMartin777 wrote:
bgwfreak777 wrote:Nothing really for me. I'm boring.

Yea, the gas thing really sucks! None-the-less, you really should consider coming up for the weekend. You could stay Saturday and/or Sunday night and head back on Monday (assuming your off on Monday)... Hey, maybe you could take the train this time too?
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Yeah it must suck having to drive cars and pay for gas and all that. Gotta love going wherever you want when you want by just hopping on a train. :D
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Thanks for the offer Alan. I think I'll just stay home and try to watch the $$$.

i'll be heading that way in 3 weeks anyway. lol
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Well I have a new rule for traveling this summer and if the total price of my gas bill is larger than what I clear each week then I will not go. I sit down and figured out what the gas bill would have been if I did this trip and it ran about $566 for my gas for the miles I iwll be traveling. needless to say I think 400 can wait. I will enjoy Indy instead. Hope you folks have a great weekend.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

AMartin777 wrote:
AMartin777 wrote:
coasterdave wrote:Well I have a new rule for traveling this summer and if the total price of my gas bill is larger than what I clear each week then I will not go. I sit down and figured out what the gas bill would have been if I did this trip and it ran about $566 for my gas for the miles I iwll be traveling. needless to say I think 400 can wait. I will enjoy Indy instead. Hope you folks have a great weekend.
Well, it would still be some gas, but your more than welcome to head down our way and join us for John's B-day, Movie (indy) and dinner at Wild Wing Cafe (yes, we have one now) and hanging out afterwards. :) All this happens on Sunday but your welcome to come for any/all part of the weekend. We have room should you wish to crash and you could head back Monday (if your not working)
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Thanks for the offer but I am just going to hang out at the house and do things around the house that need to be done. I caught Indy friday morning at 9:30am to avoid the crowd (Rugrats and ankle biters). You guys have a great weekend.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Even though you never actually read these boards, I`ll post it anyway:

Happy birthday John
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

coasterdave wrote:Thanks for the offer but I am just going to hang out at the house and do things around the house that need to be done. I caught Indy friday morning at 9:30am to avoid the crowd (Rugrats and ankle biters). You guys have a great weekend.
Did you like the movie?
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Was pretty good and it is abit out there. you will see what I mean when you see it.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

coasterdave wrote:Was pretty good and it is abit out there. you will see what I mean when you see it.
I liked it, but wasn't blown away by it. The ending and what the plots ends up, is just so freakin' weird for an Indiana Jones movie. I didn't think it fit at all. And frankly seeing Indy old was kinda weird too. But I still liked it for the most part.

*SPOILERS*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope that thing at the end doesn't mean Shia is going to be picking up the hat and whip in the future.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Well I had a quiet and peaceful weekend. I saw 3 movies over the 3 days.

Sat-Indy 4 - Not bad, but not great either
Sun- The Bank Job - Pretty standard heist movie, with British accents. A good flick.
Mon- Prince Caspian- Not nearly as good as Lion, Witch & Wardrobe, but still ok.