And the axe falls...

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

And the axe falls...

Post by bgwfreak777 »

For those not on facebook regularly, I've lost my job with Bank of America after 17 years of service.

My package will be given to me in about a week, and I'll know the details of everything then, but I should get a lot of severance with my years of service.

This will give me time though to do a couple things that have been on back burner, but it will also mean cutting down on the coaster trips too.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back with the bank in the next couple months, and this will just be a nice long vacation on the bank.

Anyway, that's it for now.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: And the axe falls...

Post by radial »

Wes, sorry to hear this. Honestly, I've been worried about you for quite a while now. I'm sure you have been too. Keep us informed whats going on and I hope that it all works out for ya. If you need any help let us know
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

Sorry to hear that Wes. I'm glad you'll get some severance out of it... that will help. Hopefully, it's only a temporary situation and you can get back on with BA in the near future. One of the nations leading ecconomists has publicly stated that he believes this recession will start a major turn-around by the end of this year. Let's hope he is correct... for all our sakes.

I second what Phil said and let us know how things are progressing. Your a bright guy so you won't have any problems nailing down another job.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Good luck. Getting severance is a big help, and if that runs out and you still haven't found anything unemployment benefits are pretty big right now.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Thanks guys.

I need to check into how severance and all will work with unemployment. Not sure if when severance runs out if I can still file or not.

A friend of mine did hers online and had her first check within like 2 weeks I think.

And as far as the bank, it's been like this looming shadow over all of us for the past 6 months or so, but really the past 2. I was hoping I'd make it through, but it is what it is.
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

You can still file. I don't know if you are supposed to file now though or when your severance ends.
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

I am abit behind on things so forgive me but hate to hear that Wes. It just sucks that after 17 years of service that they show you the door. Atleast they should give you a good amount of change for that.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Update:

I've had 2 promising interviews with companies the past 2 weeks or so (neither BOA).

I've yet to have an interview for a BOA job, but I did finally get responses from 2 recruiters and they said they would keep and eye out for any jobs that I would qualify for in the future. I've sent them both follow-up emails, so maybe if I bug them to death they'll do something. :lol:

Anyway, at least something is finally happening. It was getting old applying and applying and never hearing a thing.

Jonathan how is your situation?
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

Here we go again.

My temp job has "temporarily laid me off" until the end of March. I really hope I am able to draw unemployment like they said we will be able to.

I'm getting really tired of this crap and hope I can find a permanent job soon.

Dave you need an assistant?
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

it's odd, the latest reports shows temporary hiring is at a rise. Perhaps the company got too optimistic about it's future when they hired you and realized the growth wasn't quite there yet. Good luck!
coasterdave
Darth Chickenus

Post by coasterdave »

Not sure if you do not know Wes but I took early retirement from Blackstone about a month or so ago. I do still work part time for them through a company that they own.
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

coasterdave wrote:Not sure if you do not know Wes but I took early retirement from Blackstone about a month or so ago. I do still work part time for them through a company that they own.
Yeah I saw that somewhere. That's awesomefied that you can retire at your age.

And I wasn't being serious, which I'm sure you knew.

I'm gonna retire and go ride coasters the rest of my life just as soon as my book gets published...which has been in the works for 12 years now. :lol: :lol: :lol: