Kuwait trip

Anything else goes here! Parks, games, music, politics, world events, the state of your bathroom....

Moderators: radial, AMartin777

RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Kuwait trip

Post by RW&SBGuy »

I will be leaving for Kuwait in a couple of days and will be over there for 6 months. Wish me luck and keep in touch. I will try to post here as well as facebook. We are going out tomorrow night to have one last meal together before I leave and then a special presentation of the long awaited film by the Whootah crew. :D The footage was locked in the vaults until recently when Phil championed it back to life. TCOJH2...shock and awe. :shock: Good night and maybe will see some of the whootah clan before I leave!
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Re: Kuwait trip

Post by AMartin777 »

I want to be the first to wish Johnny B. Godspeed on this trip to Kuwait. I greatly appreciate the sacrifice he is about to make for us all, putting his life here on hold for 6-months to serve for this country.

Be sure to keep in touch. Post often and lets get the webcam going. (Skype, get ready for Whootah!) :)
Jonathan
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by Jonathan »

Good luck. Be safe. Steal some of Saddam's gold.
RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Post by RW&SBGuy »

Just got back from the base..and I am pretty tired after running around completing the checklist...not sure if it was the rain or the 3 hour round trip drive?..I think Murphy was around today..but everything seemed to work out..got to pack and do some other chores before the big day tomorrow.
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

Although I couldn't talk last night, what I wanted to say is good luck on your new adventure, be safe and other obligatory stuff. Keep us posted whats going on and hurry back!
RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Post by RW&SBGuy »

Whootah Crew

I am in Kuwait...have been here for a couple of days. Trying to get use to the time change and the heat...we are 7 hours ahead of east coast time...and the temperature has been in the 100s every day...and blowing sand...not too pleasant. I thought we were going to die on the bus trip from the airport to the base..it was only 45 minutes but our bus almost hit the bus in front of us due to a sudden shift if traffic..an accident I think. We say about 3 or 4 accidents on the way...and alcohol is illegal over here??? My bags were lost and thus I have limited pt clothes and uniforms...may have to get these reissued if they dont find my bags soon. I think an army or marine guy accidently took them downrange to Iraq or Afghanistan...I only know that It sucks not having the stuff I need. :evil: Do not have any tennis shoes to wear with my pt gear..have been unable to work out yet...the bx doesnt have my size shoe either...may have to order some online and have them shipped to me. Got to go to bed..have work tomorrow.

Have a great night and I will post again soon. :D

John
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

so let me get this straight. They send you over there, after screw ups with your flight, to be the guy in charge of making sure poop that comes in and out of there is accounted for and comes and goes to the correct places, and they lost all your luggage.

If you need us to put together a package of stuff just post the things you need to get. Go to amazon.com and send urls of the items you want. include color and sizes. And don't take 2 days worth of back and forth prodding to get the correct information like I just had to do with my girl!
bgwfreak777
Omnipresent Chicken

Post by bgwfreak777 »

John sorry I'm late to this party, but I do wish you and your fellows the best and appreciate what you guys are doing for us over there.

Stay safe.
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

I second what Phil said. Get together a list of what you need and an address and we will send you a package of stuff. I'm glad you have access on your laptop as that means we can keep up with you regularly. Hope to hear from you again soon but I realize that you have allot going on right now until you get fully settled in.
RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Post by RW&SBGuy »

In 3 days, I will have been here for a whole month. :D I have posted some pictures today on facebook under my status. I relaxed today, as it was my day off. Did my normal routine on my day off, laundry, gym, pool, reading/studying for my class. I am getting a cell phone over here to keep in better contact. I will send my phone number in a email with the details. It is free for you all to call me from the states if you call on your cell phones, since there are no long distance charges. You call a stateside number, pick an option and when you connect with an overseas operator you give them my number. Like I said, I will send an email with my number and the process. We will all have to remember that I am 7 hours ahead of east coast time. I usually sleep from 10:30 pm until 6: 00 am, which is 3:30 pm until 11pm your time, otherwise you can call me almost anytime. :)
AMartin777
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by AMartin777 »

RW&SBGuy wrote:In 3 days, I will have been here for a whole month. :D I have posted some pictures today on facebook under my status. I relaxed today, as it was my day off. Did my normal routine on my day off, laundry, gym, pool, reading/studying for my class. I am getting a cell phone over here to keep in better contact. I will send my phone number in a email with the details. It is free for you all to call me from the states if you call on your cell phones, since there are no long distance charges. You call a stateside number, pick an option and when you connect with an overseas operator you give them my number. Like I said, I will send an email with my number and the process. We will all have to remember that I am 7 hours ahead of east coast time. I usually sleep from 10:30 pm until 6: 00 am, which is 3:30 pm until 11pm your time, otherwise you can call me almost anytime. :)
The cell phone setup is awesomefied John. We will anxiously await the email with the phone # and information. We promise not to call during your sleeping time. BTW - Do you have set work hours so that we avoid calling while your working also?

Glad to see your still hitting the gym. Mike, Sue and Barbara are all doing really well with the biggest loser contest and even I'm eating better as a side-effect of Barbara's diet changes. I've also been hitting the YMCA gym keeping my exercise up.

whootah! One month already. It'll be passed before you know it!
RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Post by RW&SBGuy »

I finally got the cell phone. 8)

Here is the instructions on how to call me:

1. Call 1-732-427-5007
2. Menu option # 1
3. Dial 88-318-430-1110-#
4. Give operator my phone number: 65608409

Hopefully this works. Sundays and Wednesdays are the best days to call me. I get off work at 7 pm each day. However you can call during the work day sometimes and I will answer if I am not too busy. So call me!! :D

John
radial
OmniPotent Chicken

Post by radial »

RW&SBGuy wrote:However you can call during the work day sometimes and I will answer if I am not too busy.
Ya, cuz thats worked so well before
RW&SBGuy
Chicken Little

Post by RW&SBGuy »

I made a mistake on my phone number, it should be 65608409. Call me!! :roll: